Window tint

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
So in other words, a car with illegally tinted windows is 100% safe until law enforcement gets involved?

oh and I got distracted by fresh out the oven huckleberry oatmeal cookies and forgot the last thought about the 50 or so times I’d been pulled over in that car I spoke of above. None of the Leo’s that pulled me over even mentioned my illegally tinted windows. Was it cause of all the other options I gave them to pull me over (no front plate, exhaust, etc)?

also I’ve reached out to a tinter friend of mine to hopefully answer the op’s original question about uv film.

MTVR

MTVR has further shown how out of touch with reality he is by his choice in expedition vehicle. The MTVR is not based on any commercial vehicle...I feel that there are not enough of the MTVR’s to make them commercially viable for many years.

I don't know- is there a "commercial" version of the Toyota Tacoma?

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
Yeah- it's sort of like a buffet... ;)

then why no tickets for any of those things, specifically the “unsafe” tint? Typically only ticket I got was a no proof of insurance citation.

and please respond as to how illegally tinted windows are unsafe before law enforcement is involved?

javajoe79

Fabricator
then why no tickets for any of those things, specifically the “unsafe” tint? Typically only ticket I got was a no proof of insurance citation.

and please respond as to how illegally tinted windows are unsafe before law enforcement is involved?
Just be happy you weren’t gunned down when the cop couldn’t see what you were doing.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
Every window in the car was rolled down and moon roof opened. Any officer would have a better view into my car then with non tinted windows and glare from the sun. Interior spotless with zero clutter. Hands on wheel. Yes sir, no sir responses. Please explain to me how thats “unsafe”.

RiverCityDave

красный октябрь
Yup.

Criminals are people too. I always explain to my arrestees that we are a customer-service oriented organization, that we will be sending them a customer satisfaction survey in a few weeks, and that I hope they will give me the highest scores possible. I have to wonder how many dopers are still waiting by their mailbox for that survey, lol...

I don't find this remotely amusing, and given the situation in America right now, I'd like to say I'm surprised you'd be so tone deaf, but then, there is a reason things are the way they are, and for me, this is self evident.

It's a free country, post what you like, but I think you're the only one amused with this.

hugocoktail

I was stopped for tinting only once, but the cop became embarrassed when he saw the burns on my hand. Hey man, I spend 12 hours driving under the scorching sun, do you think I should sacrifice something for that? What about my little son? I went crazy until I solved the problem of his comfortable transportation. Car tint for babies has proven to be convenient, and I like that I can easily attach and just as easily remove the tint from the glass when I need to. But ideally, I shouldn't think about it, because tinting was invented just for us not to be bothered by the sun, not for some guys to transport weapons in a tinted Chevrolet Spark9...

Reactions: WVI

thebmrust

If you are that spun up on a traffic stop it was absolutely time for you to leave the job.
If you don’t understand what an officer has to process during a traffic stop, go ahead and excuse yourself from the conversation.

Everything he said (and more) has to happen for him to go home to his family every night.

As it is, go sign up for some ride alongs with your local departments. Ask to take lead on traffic stops. Take pics and report back what it’s like to walk up on a dark tinted car vs non tinted car.

We’ll wait.

thebmrust

It would be nice to use technology on car windows. Dark tint on bright days and it lessens as it becomes night. LCD technology allows for that. It just isn’t in the auto industry yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles