WTB - Winnebago Revel

DJFilbey

Located in Los Angeles and looking to purchase a Revel before 11/1. Going to live out of it while working remotely for the foreseeable future.

Willing to consider other 4x4 options, but the toilet and shower are a must.

zeeede

Coming from someone who lived in a van for a year - if you're going to be in the LA area save yourself the square footage a shower takes up, and spend $20/month on a Planet Fitness black card instead. You'll appreciate having more space to hang out much more than you'll appreciate a tiny, van-sized shower stall. When you live in less than 80 square feet, you're always looking for an excuse to get out of the van anyway. Go do a workout and grab a shower, or just grab a shower and get a hydromassage.

DJFilbey

Coming from someone who lived in a van for a year - if you're going to be in the LA area save yourself the square footage a shower takes up, and spend $20/month on a Planet Fitness black card instead. You'll appreciate having more space to hang out much more than you'll appreciate a tiny, van-sized shower stall. When you live in less than 80 square feet, you're always looking for an excuse to get out of the van anyway. Go do a workout and grab a shower, or just grab a shower and get a hydromassage.

The only reason I’m partial to a shower are the 2-3 days mountain biking trips I do now without one. Would be amazing to rinse off afterward. Then again a portable shower could probably do the trick.

jadmt

ignore button user

Talltimber

The old world of planet fitness for showers is pre Covid new wold you want your own shower.
Revel has everything you need, and a great platform to upgrade.

DJFilbey

I saw more than enough of them on 101 the past week...crazy how many folks have a spare $150k laying around. Whew. But they’re nice.

I’m originally from Indiana and have called a few dealers around that area. They’re 20-25k less in the Midwest. With the AC and off-road package (method wheels and K02 tires) for 135k. 3 different dealers. In LA they want $155-165k.

JasonWalsmith

Located in Los Angeles and looking to purchase a Revel before 11/1. Going to live out of it while working remotely for the foreseeable future.

Willing to consider other 4x4 options, but the toilet and shower are a must.
I highly recommend the Storyteller Overland MODE - 144wb 4x4 Sprinter RV. It has a Modular Shower/Toilet set up. The fit and finish is much better than that of the revel. I spent a couple of years shopping and rented a revel for a week before making my purchase. The innovation, customer service and the community around the STO brand is work the extra money. You can follow some of our adventures in the van on instagram @falkorvan or on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/jasonwalsmithstoryteller - GOOD LUCK!
IMG_0203.jpg

deserat

Wind, Sand, and Stars
Advantage of a Revel is you can actually finance one. As opposed to financing a $65k 4x4 Sprinter and then somehow paying an upfitter another $65k to turn it into a kindof Revel. Of course there are other ways about it, but the appeal to the Revel, at least to me, would be the ability to finance, plus the refinement of the Winnebago buildout.

deserat

Wind, Sand, and Stars
Advantage of a Revel is you can actually finance one. As opposed to financing a $65k 4x4 Sprinter and then somehow paying an upfitter another $65k to turn it into a kindof Revel. Of course there are other ways about it, but the appeal to the Revel, at least to me, would be the ability to finance, plus the refinement of the Winnebago buildout.

guess you can finance a storyteller too: for over $200k

DJFilbey

I have been digging it it he Storyteller now for the last 2-3 days and thank you! Seems to be a better fit for me given the versatility. I also like the open concept a lot more.

DJFilbey

guess you can finance a storyteller too: for over $200k

I just spoke with a dealer and they’re $150k for the base model. I don’t really need the beast mode which is closer to $180-190k. The storyteller has nationwide fixed pricing unlike the revel. The best deal I have found on the revel is $135k.

The extra storage, lounge area passenger chair, and the fact the shower disappears into an overhead box is a game changer for not making the van seem as cramped. Going to see a Storyteller next week when I get back to LA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94