2020 Ford Transit AWD

Van Gone

12.75 nches of front clearance!

Hi VC, new to the forum but active on transit forum. I'm possibly interested in this upgrade. Can you measure and show in a photo the clearance at the rear diff? That's the low-point now. I'm guessing 8.85-9.85" on your upgraded Transit. Last time I measured an empty 148 HR RWD Transit (2018) the rear diff was at 7" clearance with stock tires.

Thanks!

Mark

Last edited:

coguzzi

Adventurer
so im getting ready to order the Van Compass lift. im gonna take it a lilttle bit further i think for my camper build:

front lift with red (HD) springs
rear 5 leaf mini pack instead of the blocks. i tried to always steer customers away from blocks to proper springs when i built overland rigs, so.... (thought?)
shock relocation bracket

now, where i am waivering, if i order the Bilstein B6 strut option. of course the better dampening sounds like a winner, im kind of worried about CV life in the long run though. i want a reliable van i can not worry about in Baja (if i ever make it there-ha).

so curious to see what people have already ordered or are ardering are thinking about the B6 struts as well as my plan for leaf vs block

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Got our VC Lift, rear is done and we'll button up the front next week. While it's in the air we bolted up the rear skid that holds the house batteries and the air compressors. Slow but steady progress on this rig.

116564984_3508492369169966_7361518656332784763_o.jpg

117106212_3508492392503297_8790416856165625788_o.jpg

116704228_3508492415836628_4318056854336114_o.jpg

tolachi

so im getting ready to order the Van Compass lift. im gonna take it a lilttle bit further i think for my camper build:

front lift with red (HD) springs
rear 5 leaf mini pack instead of the blocks. i tried to always steer customers away from blocks to proper springs when i built overland rigs, so.... (thought?)
shock relocation bracket

now, where i am waivering, if i order the Bilstein B6 strut option. of course the better dampening sounds like a winner, im kind of worried about CV life in the long run though. i want a reliable van i can not worry about in Baja (if i ever make it there-ha).

so curious to see what people have already ordered or are ardering are thinking about the B6 struts as well as my plan for leaf vs block
I recently made this same decision and decided to go with blocks and airbags. There are plenty of springs vs airbags videos & articles that break down the pros and cons well if you google it.

Grassland

How something so easy on the F series is impossible on the Transit boggles my mind.
The OEM size has terrible selection, and a sky high load rating, preventing me from legally putting on a 225/75R16 or something remotely close in OEM diameter.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
How something so easy on the F series is impossible on the Transit boggles my mind.
The OEM size has terrible selection, and a sky high load rating, preventing me from legally putting on a 225/75R16 or something remotely close in OEM diameter.

Same here. The load rating is fantastic but finding E rated AT tires in that size is impossible. I got my tire guy install a couple tires to test it out. The only one that fit is a Sumitomo Encounter AT 245/75R16 120R
The speedo is off by 5km/h

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles