WTB: Any Expedition Vehicle

Dmase1202

I had success finding a montero sr on this site, so I thought I'd give it another try. I am planning a cross-country covid excursion this month and quickly need a reliable vehicle. I live in Baltimore and am willing to travel for pickup. I'm open to anything from a suv (with or without a rtt), a truck with a pop up, or a camper van. I'd like to keep it as frugal as possible, but have around 30k for something nicer. I have searched the forum, but haven't found anything close enough. I don't have need for a loan, cash in hand.

Deshet

Adventurer
Toyota Hiace Tomboy 4x4 turbo diesel
Manual transmission
Hi and low range transfer case
Fiberglass camper body built in canada
Running gear is as solid if not more solid then my Landcruisers
Full camper with shower, beds, cooking area
Queen bed area above driver
Dinette makes bed area
Less than half your budget
Let me know if are interested
About 60,000 miles

82bde06c0bfec78744b8c3e78fd0a5f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
Toyota Hiace Tomboy 4x4 turbo diesel
Manual transmission
Hi and low range transfer case
Fiberglass camper body built in canada
Running gear is as solid if not more solid then my Landcruisers
Full camper with shower, beds, cooking area
Queen bed area above driver
Dinette makes bed area
Less than half your budget
Let me know if are interested
About 60,000 miles

82bde06c0bfec78744b8c3e78fd0a5f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I just want to see more pictures of this thing!

Voaspec

I have 2 of my vehicles for sale. Both could work for you. The Mazda B2600i 4wd Bimobil is more of a project though. The other one is GMC Safari Tiger Provan XL awd. Price is in Canadian. Both are located on Vancouver Island but I can ship or meet at the border. Good luck on your search.

IMG_20200727_122306.jpg

ovlnd_v1

I have an 04 100 series cruiser sitting in SLC right now. I haven’t been trying that hard to sell it but it’s passively for sale. I have pictures of it on my IG Overland_v1.0 and a walk around of the build on my YT channel It has the RTT on it (also a vid on YT of that install). Currently has about 305k miles on it and I’m thinking I’d take $15k for it as it sits without losing much sleep if you have interest.

Happycoop

Observer
I've got a very nice Lexus GX470 (2007) with only 110k miles on it that I'm planning to sell. Lots of maintenance history on it prior to my ownership (to include a new dash and rear driveshaft by Lexus due to recalls). I've had it since 2017 and have taken good care of her. I had the full timing belt service done at ~85k miles to include a new alternator and all misc. hoses, etc. I put on a Dobinsons lift with 285/70R17 Duratracs riding on FJ 8 hole wheels; rides excellent compared to the marshmallow ride of the factory GX. Honestly, it's an excellent rig and I wouldn't sell it but the wife is several months pregnant and is tired of stepping up to get in. I'll be replacing it with a stock vehicle for the time being. I'm located in Blacksburg, VA if you're interested.
1.Lexi.jpg

Tripuntethered

Did you see my 1996 Sportsmobile Dodge 3500 Van? At $18K it a great deal and runs strong, and low miles.

Dmase1202

I have an 04 100 series cruiser sitting in SLC right now. I haven’t been trying that hard to sell it but it’s passively for sale. I have pictures of it on my IG Overland_v1.0 and a walk around of the build on my YT channel It has the RTT on it (also a vid on YT of that install). Currently has about 305k miles on it and I’m thinking I’d take $15k for it as it sits without losing much sleep if you have interest.
Thanks for the reply. Awesome, solid looking rig. I am looking for something with less mileage and a little better mpg. Good luck with your sale!

tsfarling

I have a 2013 4Runner Limited with 68k miles, 2 sets of Maxtrax, Alubox with recovery gear, ARB portable compressor, RTT from Eezi Awn, Eezi Awn Swift awning, 3" Old Man Emu Lift, Expedition One Sliders, BF Goodrich KO2's 275/70/17 tires, ARB Safari Snorkel, new Odyssey battery, fully loaded interior/leather seats. Only option it doesn't have is remote start.

Attachments

• IMG_9818.jpg
    IMG_9818.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles