Pics of your VAN! Post up!

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
OK I’m pretty sure there’s a forum rule you can’t show up with a name like 2.8 RSR and not show pictures if you have one. Just saying…

2.8rsr

OK I’m pretty sure there’s a forum rule you can’t show up with a name like 2.8 RSR and not show pictures if you have one. Just saying…

LOL, not everyone gets that reference....

Back before Porsche prices went crazy in the late 90's I had a few 911's while working at The Racer's Group and S-Car-Go Racing. My favorite was a '74 with a twin plug 2.8 motor, Weber carbs, wide RSR flares and 15"x11" & 9" reproduction Fuchs filling them. It was a blast and bought off eBay for a ridiculous now price of $13k. Sold it after turning it into a track day car at a NASA/PCA event a year later.

I have pictures in a shoebox somewhere, bringing them out makes me sad...... ?

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
Sigh. I know the feeling. I sold a '63 Nova SS Convertible for $3500 to go to Europe once. And later a frame-off restored '73 2002 for $12K. Probably more than $50K worth of cars these days. I also didn't buy Bitcoin when I started following it...at $28. Doh!

beanco

Here is my trip to Colorado...

Pic one= van resting on Fall River Road RMNP. transmission gave out
IMG_0524 (2).JPG

Pic 2= very expensive ride up the road and around the park back to Estes Park:(

IMG_0526 (2).JPG

Pic 3= after returning home in rental car, borrowed truck and trailer, returned to Colorado and recovered van.
Not my best vacation, but we won't ever forget this one :p

IMG_0534 (2).JPG

14 hours one way empty, a lot longer coming home. 2020 is the worst!!!!!!!

My wife and kid got a ride back to town via park ranger. Two guys showed up in wrecker, no room for me???? I walked 4.7 miles back to ranger station where I was stopped for hitch hiking, he took pity on me and gave me a ride to our condo. THANK YOU PARK SERVICE ! Even walking back I still beat the wrecker by an hour.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Playing in Allegheny over the weekend..
0732adf1428145a045961f7b01dce379.jpg
f7625bcbe87c2a039e4c8bf64b2f1447.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1x1_Speed_Craig

Here's our 2019 Ford Transit in the midst of our build-out. The fact that it's a work-in-progress isn't stopping us from using it! The second to last pic is from a camping/biking/hiking trip to the North Country Trail, and the bottom pic is on our property in East Tennessee (I'll be building a small house there soon).

Attachments

• IMG_4855.jpg
    IMG_4855.jpg
    952.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_4606.jpg
    IMG_4606.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 229
  • gandalf_2.jpg
    gandalf_2.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_4655.jpg
    IMG_4655.jpg
    925.9 KB · Views: 200

TCNorthwest

Here's our 2019 Ford Transit in the midst of our build-out. The fact that it's a work-in-progress isn't stopping us from using it! The second to last pic is from a camping/biking/hiking trip to the North Country Trail, and the bottom pic is on our property in East Tennessee (I'll be building a small house there soon).
Looks like the same smartcore flooring I put in my house. How does it hold up in the van?

1x1_Speed_Craig

Looks like the same smartcore flooring I put in my house. How does it hold up in the van?

It has minimal use in the van, but it's the same flooring we have in our kitchen, which is holding up great. It's COREtec 8mm LVP flooring. (y) I think the biggest thing in the van is to keep it swept out regularly to reduce the "sandpaper effect' on the floor...as with any floor.

Oldcarnut

Adventurer
Box, I have a small Step van at the back of my property I use as a man cave/ escape from da wife. Simple plastic garden chairs and table setup so critters don't try to make a home. Gonna hook a solar panel up and put a small battery in it so I can have better lighting (none at moment) and power for small fridge and cell phone charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles