It's Bronc o clock

billiebob

We just bought a Tacoma TRD Off-road Premium, so locker, leather, moonroof and all the crazy crawl cameras etc. It cost $41,000 Canadian. We looked at a Wrangler “S” 2 door with power windows and locks and auto trans. Basically as bare bones as you could get a Wrangler and it was going to cost significantly MORE than our Taco. The Gladiators are up to $75,000 if you want a Rubicon. Sounds like the Bronco will do just fine!
WOW, I almost bought a JK with a hard top after the JL came out. Brand new in Canada there were 100 of them on dealer lots in AB & BC for well under $30K. I almost bought one but JKs are just too big.

They were advertised for $25K to $29K CDN$$ in Canada, not sure how much lower you could offer with cash.

But the best deals for a JK/JL have yet to come. Just wait till Fords Used Car Lots fill with traded in JKs/JLs. ???

phsycle

Adventurer
WOW, I almost bought a JK with a hard top after the JL came out. Brand new in Canada there were 100 of them on dealer lots in AB & BC for well under $30K. I almost bought one but JKs are just too big.

They were advertised for $25K to $29K CDN$$ in Canada, not sure how much lower you could offer with cash.

But the best deals for a JK/JL have yet to come. Just wait till Fords Used Car Lots fill with traded in JKs/JLs. ???

Ha ha!! Not a bad idea!

Zeep

Adventurer
Since it's being built here, S.E. Michigan, I expect to see them everywhere before long.
As a 15 year Jeep owner, I do like the looks, and features of it. The size and shape remind me of the IH Scout II's.
I believe it will do very well. I'm just not in the market!

plumber mike

Adventurer
I have yet to see an AWD Transit at any of my local Ford stores, so I’ll hold off on any excitement I have about the next great vehicle they have coming.

Looks good on paper though....

D

Deleted member 9101

Who else got home from work, sat down with a beverage of choice, and is checking out the new Bronco.
I'm not going to lie it took so long to release I almost thought it was a hoax.

Not I...although I want one, it can't tow a travel trailer sooooo...not gunna happen....lol.

I do like them and if I bought one as a weekend toy, the first thing I would do is get a tune for the 2.7.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

JGC, 4Runner, Wrangler, etc.

Maybe you were not aware then that the JGC with the 3.6 has a tow rating of 6200lbs? We tow a 3400lb offroad camper behind it. The one we had prior with the ecodiesel had a tow rating of 7200lbs.

And since the ranger can tow significantly more than 3500lbs and the bronco is built on the ranger platform, yes I would expect the Bronco to tow more than 3500 considering the 4runner capacity is 5000lbs.

Wife has a reservation for a 4dr Badlands and will get the Sasquatch & Lux packages, but unless they increase the tow rating up from 3500lbs (even if its just to 5000), the. It’ll be a no go.

Im not towing the 3400lb camper with my truck and having my wife follow me in her Bronco on a 10-14hr road trip just so we can wheel the Bronco during our 6-10 day offroad trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MTVR

So far Canadian MSRP starts at 40k with 4x4 and 30" tires and is damn near 59K for the Wildtrack. Wildtrack has 35s, standard front and rear lockers, low crawl ratio, 2.7 EcoBoost etc etc. Still a steep sticker, but I haven't checked our Wrangler or Gladiator MSRP.

...plus ADG (Additional Dealer Gouging).

There will be new Broncos selling for $80-$100K...

phsycle

Adventurer
Maybe you were not aware then that the JGC with the 3.6 has a tow rating of 6200lbs? We tow a 3400lb offroad camper behind it. The one we had prior with the ecodiesel had a tow rating of 7200lbs.

And since the ranger can tow significantly more than 3500lbs and the bronco is built on the ranger platform, yes I would expect the Bronco to tow more than 3500 considering the 4runner capacity is 5000lbs.

Wife has a reservation for a 4dr Badlands and will get the Sasquatch & Lux packages, but unless they increase the tow rating up from 3500lbs (even if its just to 5000), the. It’ll be a no go.

Im not towing the 3400lb camper with my truck and having my wife follow me in her Bronco on a 10-14hr road trip just so we can wheel the Bronco during our 6-10 day offroad trips.

Very well aware (although you need the tow pkg. if not, 3.5k lbs). Same with 4Runners, Xterra with 5k tow rating.

This is where the wise old adage, “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should” applies.

Perhaps you’re more comfortable towing with a midsize but for me, no thanks. I like the control with a full-size. Power isn’t the issue. It’s the chassis.

Trailer type will matter as well. Your pop up probably tows better than an enclosed trailer at the same weight.

Grassland

We purchased the 2019 Jeep GC with tow package over a Cadillac XT4 and Toyota RAV4 Trail for a multitude of reasons, and one was the 6200# tow rating.
With that in mind, it's because our current trailer is #2500+ without water or bikes/yaks on the roof, and our future trailer will be #3500-#3600 dry, with a GVWR of #5000. Leaving a reasonable margin from the "max" tow rating.
Bronco being #3500 is on par with the previous JKU with max tow, and RAV4 Trail, but would leave us relying solely on my truck as a tow vehicle except short trips in the prairies...
Bronco tow rating is on par with its target competition aka the Wrangler, but is lacking behind other mid size SUV.
Edit: we looked at Cherokee KL Trailhawk as well, #4500 tow rating when equipped, but poor reliability reviews, smaller feeling interior, and my wife not caring for the style along with poor fuel economy for its size and weight moved it down the list.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Very well aware (although you need the tow pkg. if not, 3.5k lbs). Same with 4Runners, Xterra with 5k tow rating.

This is where the wise old adage, “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should” applies.

Perhaps you’re more comfortable towing with a midsize but for me, no thanks. I like the control with a full-size. Power isn’t the issue. It’s the chassis.

Trailer type will matter as well. Your pop up probably tows better than an enclosed trailer at the same weight.

Besides the lack of power from the 3.6 here at higher elevations, with the self leveling air suspension in the GC, air suspension on the camper, redarc tow pro elite brake controller, it actually tows great and yes the lower center of gravity of the camper helps vs an airstream or standard travel trailer.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Edit: we looked at Cherokee KL Trailhawk as well, #4500 tow rating when equipped, but poor reliability reviews, smaller feeling interior, and my wife not caring for the style along with poor fuel economy for its size and weight moved it down the list.
We towed a tent trailer behind a Cherokee KL. It is rated to tow that much, but it only took 1 season for us to decide it was not a great tow vehicle.

billiebob

this ^^^ applies to everything.

just like the speed limit might be 75mph but in a blizzard you might want to slow down a bit.

Tow ratings also consider intended use of the vehicle. The Dodge PowerWagon vs the W2500 being a great example. Built to articulate and travel in much more extreme conditions the PowerWagon has much lower ratings. If you need to tow 7K# you give up certain other capabilities. I doubt Ford cares about the guy who wants to tow 5K# with a Bronco rated to tow 3500#...... other than voiding the warranty if you show up at a dealership towing that 5K#.

85_Ranger4x4

We towed a tent trailer behind a Cherokee KL. It is rated to tow that much, but it only took 1 season for us to decide it was not a great tow vehicle.

Coming back from picking up our camper we passed some little crossover trying to pull a fair sized popup. Maybe a hair smaller than an Explorer, it was night and I couldn't make out the exact make.

Every curve he went around the tail started wagging the dog slightly. Interstate between Des Moines and Omaha so it isn't like really sharp curves. He just rode it out, never slowed down and never pulled over. It wasn't huge but I know if I can see it from 1/8th of a mile back he could sure as heck feel it.

I bumped up the cruise and got around that possible future mess.

phsycle

Adventurer
Coming back from picking up our camper we passed some little crossover trying to pull a fair sized popup. Maybe a hair smaller than an Explorer, it was night and I couldn't make out the exact make.

Every curve he went around the tail started wagging the dog slightly. Interstate between Des Moines and Omaha so it isn't like really sharp curves. He just rode it out, never slowed down and never pulled over. It wasn't huge but I know if I can see it from 1/8th of a mile back he could sure as heck feel it.

I bumped up the cruise and got around that possible future mess.

Ha ha. I noticed the same last weekend (holiday weekend in Utah). I noticed so many crossovers towing campers. One particular Audi towing an Airstream. I got around and passed him before the potential road side yard sale. It was surprising I saw so many airstreams towed by the said Audi, Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot. I cringed every time I saw one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles