Bronco effect on Used Unlimited Prices???

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
First I promise I am not trolling or trying to start some dumb argument on the internet. But how do people think the new Bronco will effect the used Unlimited Market??? I'm going to be selling my Land Rover next year to get a "better" overlander for me. The LR3 is great, It just dose not fit my need that will. I have wanted an LJ forever, but that's not in the cards. So I have been looking at the New Bronco. I have a reservation for a 2 door, however my wife really want me to have 4 doors. I don't like the door line on the 4 Door Bronco and think that the JK and JL have pulled the 4 door thing off better than the Bronco. So if I have to get a 4 Door vehicle again I want to look at a Used JL Rubicon. How do you think the Bronco will effect the Used Jeep Market next fall (2021)? If I could get in to a low Mileage JL Unlimited Rubicon for around 30 it would be killer...

Something like this...
211AE7B8-85C8-4601-8BAB-5C508286F3AE.jpeg

Last edited:

billiebob

how do people think the new Bronco will effect the used Unlimited Market???
Crystal Ball time. Wranglers have a real loyal following and have a history of holding value better than most used vehicles. I'm thinking the Bronco being soo much bigger will find its own niche but most Wrangler owners will still be Wrangler owners. There may be a short term blip as marketing hype takes the Bronco to an instant rock star status but I'll bet that hit will be short term and only if the Ford Used Car Lots see a lot of Wrangler trade ins.

I doubt anyone with a JL will be dumping it. The market to take a bit of a hit will be the 5 year old plus JK/JKU. Yes the Bronco is cool but ....
It has independent front suspension.
It has rack and pinion steering.
It has an electric transfer case shifter.
It does not yet have much aftermarket support.
It is not proven, the Wrangler is definitely a sure thing far from civilization.

If you are already a hard core Wrangler driver you won't likely buy a Bronco, it is massive. The Wrangler has better stats all around, departure, break over, approach, width, plus.... hard to believe, the Bronco is boxier with sight lines so bad Ford added under body cameras.... I prefer to actually see the rock.

I'll bet the Bronco steals more F150, K1500 and W1500 drivers than Wrangler drivers. All Jeep has to do is make lockers optional on all Wranglers, offer 35s from the factory, and make sure the bluetooth, IT, electronics are equal. I'll bet they do all that before the first Bronco gets sold.

Last edited:

roving1

There will be none around this fall and probably hardly any around by fall of 2021 so I am going to hazard a guess of no effect at all. It's going to be 2+ years before there are any real numbers in the wild of these.

roving1

@roving1 I meant fall 21.

Even then it won't matter though. Whatever percent of total production is people trading in Wranglers it will take a very large volume of Broncos to be made and delivered before that even has the possibility of changing the price. It will be well into 2022 before there is anything like a large volume of Broncos are made and sold.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Boo, I need to get out of a Land Rover. I’ll just have to keep my Fingers Crossed if the 2door Bronco gets nixed. I have had my Fair Share of Jeeps. I sold my 2012 to buy a house. I ended up with my current LR3 over another JK because the Land Rover was 5k less than the Jeep I was looking at. Land Rovers are just not that much fun to drive. Wife loves it better than any thing else though.

Last edited:

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
They look pretty close to the same size In pictures. But who know, I just think the 4 door Wrangler fits the 4 doors better. So if it’s got to have 4 doors I would rather have the Wrangler. I’ve had two JKs, a TJ and 2 Discovery’s(1&3). I do hope it will bring down the price a little. I live in Austin and most of the Jeep’s in Texas live at the Starbucks ( yes not all I use to Trail Guide for YO wheeling and for Jeep Jamboree) so I’m hoping they will be the ones Dumping Unlimited for the New Girl. 117A38CC-D7A2-4C85-A314-9C12F071E563.jpeg

yfarm

Observer
Production vs demand. My son put a deposit in on a new 4 dr Bronco, got an email that due to demand delivery would be in 2022. Will take a while to see any effects on Wrangler prices I think.

SBSYNCRO

Crystal Ball time. Wranglers have a real loyal following and have a history of holding value better than most used vehicles. I'm thinking the Bronco being soo much bigger will find its own niche but most Wrangler owners will still be Wrangler owners. There may be a short term blip as marketing hype takes the Bronco to an instant rock star status but I'll bet that hit will be short term and only if the Ford Used Car Lots see a lot of Wrangler trade ins.

I doubt anyone with a JL will be dumping it. The market to take a bit of a hit will be the 5 year old plus JK/JKU. Yes the Bronco is cool but ....
It has independent front suspension.
It has rack and pinion steering.
It has an electric transfer case shifter.
It does not yet have much aftermarket support.
It is not proven, the Wrangler is definitely a sure thing far from civilization.

If you are already a hard core Wrangler driver you won't likely buy a Bronco, it is massive. The Wrangler has better stats all around, departure, break over, approach, width, plus.... hard to believe, the Bronco is boxier with sight lines so bad Ford added under body cameras.... I prefer to actually see the rock.

I'll bet the Bronco steals more F150, K1500 and W1500 drivers than Wrangler drivers. All Jeep has to do is make lockers optional on all Wranglers, offer 35s from the factory, and make sure the bluetooth, IT, electronics are equal. I'll bet they do all that before the first Bronco gets sold.

Excellent analysis. I have to say I've been looking at and thinking about the Bronco since they unveiled it. I'm not going to switch, even though my JKU will have 50,000 miles and be 4-5 years old by the time its actually available. If i'd spent $60k+ on a JL, no way I'd be trading it in unless I was the sort of person that loves the hamster wheel of leasing the latest greatest (which I am not, but some are). Jeeps are the "real deal" to most people and its going to take a while for Ford to build a mainstream buyer base for the Bronco. Yes, there will be the die hards that miss the old Bronco and will be early adopters, but for most of us it will be a "wait and see" game.

CampStewart

Observer
Since the Bronco borders on the size of a full size pickup minus the box......... I'll bet more F150s, W1500s, K1500s get traded in. You want a great buy, look at a half ton pickup.
Specs I read say bronco wheelbase is 2 inches less than jeep and with is 2 inches more width. Doesn't seem like that much of a difference to me. F150 is another 4 inches wider than Bronco. Where I work there are over 20 wranglers in the parking lot every day. Id be willing to bet that 75 percent of those owners are going to be very interested in replacing their Jeeps with the new Bronco. 2 or 3 years from now used wranglers will be a lot more affordable than they are now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles