JK Front Turn signal wiring question!

utherjorge

Observer
Good evening!

I purchased something nice from Xprite a couple of years ago, and am now ready to place it in my bumper. This is very exciting!

However, the Xprite item has a connector that simply is plug and play for a Jeep owner. However...I am not a Jeep owner. I have something else, and will have to wire it in by hand, so to speak.

What I need to know is what the part might be called, then, that I have to order or otherwise find that connects to the back of the front turn signals. I do not want to crack open the lights, and would prefer to wire the other way, keeping the nice and dry connector and wiring and shrink-wrapping behind it.

Can anyone help?

For reference, the product is linked below, and there is a picture of what the connector looks like. All help is most welcome...thank you in advance!

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Don't be afraid to open them up, the connector attaches like a factory bulb. I ended up getting a refund on the same lights last year after the solder kept breaking off. I fixed one side, only to have the other side break 2 days later.

Attachments

• 20190305_232546_copy_2016x1512.jpg
    20190305_232546_copy_2016x1512.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 7

utherjorge

Observer
Don't be afraid to open them up, the connector attaches like a factory bulb. I ended up getting a refund on the same lights last year after the solder kept breaking off. I fixed one side, only to have the other side break 2 days later.

Hey! Thanks! I'm a dummy and should have at least seen if that screwed off or not. Thank you...that will make it much easier, though I might still use that housing in some fashion.

How did the soldier break off? Or...where? This will already be custom, so I don't mind fooling with this as I go anyway.

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Two separate places on the led circuit board and then once on the plug side. The soldier didn't have good adhesion to the contacts and would just peel off. To fix the circuit board side, I cut/broke the lens from the housing, repaired it, and then glued the lens back on.

utherjorge

Observer
Two separate places on the led circuit board and then once on the plug side. The soldier didn't have good adhesion to the contacts and would just peel off. To fix the circuit board side, I cut/broke the lens from the housing, repaired it, and then glued the lens back on.
stupid question...did it get dinged by an impact, or is it just....weak?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94