Whats next at EarthCruiser

So if one were to try to place an order roughly now-ish, what kind of delivery time would we be talking about? Are you even taking orders on these yet?

We are currently taking orders for the EXD on the short wheelbase Transit chassis for 2021 Q1 delivery.
The long wheelbase Transit EXD will not be available until 2021. As a side note our design team has been focused on the next "Project X" – A cabover EarthCruiser house integrated with a pass through on any 2020+ 1ton domestic chassis.

More on project “X “ soon, been a long time coming.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Can't wait to see what you all come up with- there's such a big market out there that more products just increase awareness for all of us.

Steve_382

We are currently taking orders for the EXD on the short wheelbase Transit chassis for 2021 Q1 delivery.
The long wheelbase Transit EXD will not be available until 2021. As a side note our design team has been focused on the next "Project X" – A cabover EarthCruiser house integrated with a pass through on any 2020+ 1ton domestic chassis.

If you can keep the weight down and the price under $200,000, I think there would be a large market for the EXD with a cabover bed. Recent price increases on the GXV Adventure Truck and the EXD have kind of pushed them out of reach for many people.

gregmchugh

Observer
what I thought, but Tiger is totally different price point. I doubt they will offer their rig under $200k

Nothing wrong with a Tiger Bengal but I don’t think it is really a competitor here. The base price of $92,000 plus the chassis cost reflects the fact that it is basically an RV build on a 4wd truck, maybe a little more rugged construction than the typical RV but not really in the same class as EC and Nimbl. Just my view...

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Nothing wrong with a Tiger Bengal but I don’t think it is really a competitor here. The base price of $92,000 plus the chassis cost reflects the fact that it is basically an RV build on a 4wd truck, maybe a little more rugged construction than the typical RV but not really in the same class as EC and Nimbl. Just my view...
Probably a better Tiger comparison would be their discontinued Malayan. I got to spend some time getting to know the one Fred and Denise Cook owned, and while it had some flaws that ultimately led to the demise of the line, it was a very nice unit with some interesting innovations.

DCGibbs

Observer
hey Lance,
Since you have experience with the Iveco 4X4 Daily, can you give us some insight, why that chassis isn't available in the US? Is Fiat worried that it take sales away from the Dodge Promaster? Hope you and the Mrs., are healthy, safe and sane. David - in Boise.

Steve_382

Don, don't keep us waiting too long on the Project X. Seems like a great idea. If you put it on a gas powered E350, the cabover bed should be fine weight wise as the gas unit is 800 pounds less than the diesel.

1596286726974.png

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
I would put the E-450 brakes on the E-350 though. I quickly upgraded mine after travel through some longer step grades on 9,500lb rig.

Big Rudy

I hope they do consider the E series, in addition to a Transit and F series chassis. I currently have a 2017 E450, with a Quigley and 24' house, its not EC quality, hard to beat EC.

It does do 90% of what I have wanted it to do in the last 30k miles. The E just seems more robust than a Transit, opinion only, I don't have anything to back that up.

I'll chime in again as I always do and say my one thing... "permanent bed".

That's all I have to say.

I'm in full agreement on this one. EC did the math on how much time you spend in a bathroom, and built it as an appropriate percentage of the floor plan. Perfect in my mind. I appreciate a good nights sleep,and a 60" wide bed for two is a minimum. It appears EC is going more horizontal to get that, I wish they would consider vertical, like in two bunk beds or a raising bed over the dinette, and keep the house small.
Interesting to see the new products for sure. Whatever they come up with I'm sure will be nice.

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Tiger had quality control issues with the Malayan and Siberian shells that they subcontracted. Now under new management, they have gone back to their base unit, the Bengal and produce a very nice unit, midway between a conventional RV and a full on expedition vehicle.

Earthcruiser and Nimbl are at an entirely different level and this is reflected in the price.

RV's are nice, but if you want the off road independence of an expedition vehicle, it will cost more, more for the components and more for the construction. I was stunned to see an RV that had a warning that it was not to be used below 32F/0C. This would be a show stopper for us as we routinely use our truck well below OF/-17C.

Doesn't mean that you can't drive a Tiger round the world for years, it's been done, but you do have to understand the limitions.

Reactions: mog

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
hey Lance,
Since you have experience with the Iveco 4X4 Daily, can you give us some insight, why that chassis isn't available in the US? Is Fiat worried that it take sales away from the Dodge Promaster? Hope you and the Mrs., are healthy, safe and sane. David - in Boise.
G`day David
We are well thank you, been spending some time in your part of the world. Northern Idaho is a very special place.
Its a compliance nightmare is my first thought, second is that they where only available with do it your self gear box. Not real popular in the USA, only the yet to be released truck is auto.
Fiat are using the Dodge infrastructure for parts distribution internationally for Iveco products the last time i spoke to someone who seemed to know what they are talking about at Fiat. That was interesting .
The new 4x4 is much dumbed down from the previous model that was originally planned as a light military vehicle. Great off road ( really great) but suffering from many mechanical issues particularly with brakes and transfer case failures due to over heating. Trained personnel driving In convoy is much easier on the gear compared to thousands of miles @ 65 mph plus in civilian hands.
They have there hands full with the release of the new model in existing markets before they can consider put wheels on the ground here. I don`t think it will happen, we are ready if they ever do.......

Cheers

Lance

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles