Why no Ram 1500 Builds!

94toy22re

Observer
I'm rockin' a 1500 too. Classic. Springs all around and towing a teardrop.
Just the right amount of truck.

For now.

View attachment 598381
Any problems with it? One thing I didn’t care for was when the eco light was on with cruise control and coming up on a hill it feels like the motor ran rough for a few seconds before it downshifted! I guessing it has a DOD system like Chevy uses, any issues with the past models with that system?
I’m a Toyota guy at hart but really liked my 5.0 F-150 company truck. I can’t stand the new Silverado that replaced it! I rented the Ram due the Silverado transmission being replaced at 70k miles! But looking to replace my personal 4Runner with a new truck leaning toward a F-150 or tundra but the rams are very intriguing for the price!

phsycle

Adventurer
Any problems with it? One thing I didn’t care for was when the eco light was on with cruise control and coming up on a hill it feels like the motor ran rough for a few seconds before it downshifted! I guessing it has a DOD system like Chevy uses, any issues with the past models with that system?
I’m a Toyota guy at hart but really liked my 5.0 F-150 company truck. I can’t stand the new Silverado that replaced it! I rented the Ram due the Silverado transmission being replaced at 70k miles! But looking to replace my personal 4Runner with a new truck leaning toward a F-150 or tundra but the rams are very intriguing for the price!

I think you’ll be good with any of those trucks. Ram felt nice. Rode well. I tested the Tradesman model and it had everything I wanted except the non-split rear seat. As you know, torque in that Ecoboost is awesome. I’d swing that way just on that.

RoyJ

Adventurer
For a sports car, sure, but nobody in their right mind wants a coil sprung rear end for a truck that hauls weight...

Yup, no serious truck would ever use coil sprung suspension...

DfrH8wEU0AAc5W_.jpg

1tbrrey50zm21.jpg

21014934970_30ee5a01e0_b.jpg

NoDak

Those thing ride like crap. Almost threw me out of the gunners turret on multiple occasions...oh the good times

That's because the turret is 20 friggin feet up on those and its like riding the end of a whip antenna! I preferred the M1114 even if it wasn't as protected.

CountryboyNC

I much preferred gun trucks too, and luckily
my PL at the time did as well so that’s what we used most of the time. Streets of Baghdad are a little tight for MRAPs anyway.

That's because the turret is 20 friggin feet up on those and its like riding the end of a whip antenna! I preferred the M1114 even if it wasn't as protected.

vanatee2000

Observer
I just bought a 2020 ram 1500 and will create a mild build thread soon. Wont be too much to add, as it's a solid platform (though a bit long!) Build a low profile bed rack for my rtt for about $100 and no welding, which I documented and will include. Then I'll do solar, add my fridge, come up with a bed rail system, throw on a lift and get some sliders and I'll be good to go I think. One drawback is that with the crew cab and 6'4" bed, I actually have a longer wheelbase than the crew cab 2500 but and not as high off the ground

phsycle

Adventurer
... One drawback is that with the crew cab and 6'4" bed, I actually have a longer wheelbase than the crew cab 2500 but and not as high off the ground

True, but the interior dimensions of the new gen Ram 1500 is closer to the Megacab 2500 (which has a longer wheelbase) than the crewcab.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
It took me a minute to learn how the eco mode liked to be driven. Once you figure out how to tickle the skinny pedal, it doesn't hunt for gears and cylinders. And boy-howdy, the HEMI growl when you romp on it is very satisfying.
All that and I'm averaging about 19.5 mpg.

The more I drive it, the more I like it. Very happy with the RAM.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I Drove 1,000 Miles on a Single Tank in the 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Has anyone got a good experiences with the RAM diesels?
They had one at the dealership when I bought my 1500 at the end of May --- right color, wrong package for me. They were discounting it even more than the truck I bought but it was just too pimped-out for my liking. Moon roof, 20" wheels, etc.
They were giving about $15,000 off retail and it really had me thinking about it.

verdesard0g

Search and Rescue first responder

94toy22re

Observer
I Drove 1,000 Miles on a Single Tank in the 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Has anyone got a good experiences with the RAM diesels?

Pretty sure the eco diesel is complete crap, under sized rod bearings that eat themselves at 100k miles! Unless you step to the 3/4 or 1 ton gas is the way to go!

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Didn’t RAM say the second generation Eco diesel is a totally redesigned engine with the issues addressed?

Also it is very hard to find diesel on lower trims. My coworker, who is from Sweden and has always had diesel trucks, was looking for a stripped down RAM with a diesel engine and couldn’t find it. He could build it on the website but nothing was available within 500 miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles