Lets see some full size pictures...

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Have you had to use the winch yet? I thought about a similar setup for my 2002 Tahoe but was concerned about how solid it would be.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
Just do it, don't give it another thought. I've moved this winch (its heavy) from rig to rig for 10 years. Curt (American made) makes an excellent front receiver and winch plate. Runs around $150 for the hitch, maybe $70 for winch plate, easy install, very strong. It bolts in place of your tow hooks, boxes your frame rails. I switch vehicles often, go light, dont want the extra weight or cost of a custom bumper much as I love them.
ATT00001 (54).jpg
864 (1280x960).jpg
377 (1280x960).jpg

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Fine van there! ARB or a True Trac with weight in the back should help a bunch.
Thanks, Ive owned more 4WD and 2WD vans in the last few years than I have finger and toes. I have tested the limits of pretty much every combo and stuck them in sand, snow and ice lol. A rear locker will take you farther into the back country and bury you deeper once you get cocky but it has allowed my 5 ton (loaded) Duramax to go many places I could not get vans with open diffs into. I guess this counts as full size right?
090 (1024x768).jpg
209 (1280x956).jpg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Thanks, Ive owned more 4WD and 2WD vans in the last few years than I have finger and toes. I have tested the limits of pretty much every combo and stuck them in sand, snow and ice lol. A rear locker will take you farther into the back country and bury you deeper once you get cocky but it has allowed my 5 ton (loaded) Duramax to go many places I could not get vans with open diffs into. I guess this counts as full size right?
View attachment 599222
View attachment 599223
Weld Tec here in San Diego sure does a nice job on the Chevy's.

Trixxx

Some recent additional build progress.

How do you like the arb awning vs the 23 zero? In need of an awning for the new vehicle, and I loved the quality of our old ARB considering the price point.

I also used to have a 23Zero tent, and the quality of that was too notch, so not opposed to more of their products.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
How do you like the arb awning vs the 23 zero? In need of an awning for the new vehicle, and I loved the quality of our old ARB considering the price point.

I also used to have a 23Zero tent, and the quality of that was too notch, so not opposed to more of their products.
I have only owned ARB awnings. The 23Zero is a shower enclosure. The quality of both are top shelf though.
0a492466db6f620c837ad40fa5cbda5f.jpg
b391dd5eb40d2b204c6425e51e75f1ff.jpg

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
2FDAA166-94BB-499C-A0ED-342634AA9660.jpeg

Here's my pavement princess (she hasn't seen dirt yet. that will change shortly!)

CJC Built
Carli Dominator suspension system (3.0" king shocks)
Method 701HD's
35x12.50r18's

Next week we get our highway products flatbed and hallmark ute pop up camper. Then straight to the rockies! I don't post much online anymore but check out our instagram in my signature...

Smileyshaun

Observer
Put on a leveling kit but found out for some odd reason it has one of the highest rated torsion bars gm put in a half ton so it’s like riding in a covered wagon , have to do some digging and get the proper rated bars in there so I can enjoy drives a little more . 4548A897-E6A7-4C65-9B80-01F275F66115.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles