It's Bronc o clock

D

Deleted member 9101

I'll never buy one...but I'm glad they are building them again.

Grassland

So far Canadian MSRP starts at 40k with 4x4 and 30" tires and is damn near 59K for the Wildtrack. Wildtrack has 35s, standard front and rear lockers, low crawl ratio, 2.7 EcoBoost etc etc. Still a steep sticker, but I haven't checked our Wrangler or Gladiator MSRP.

Grassland

Useless for towing, but comparable to Wrangler. I haven't seen a listing higher than 3500# in any configuration

billiebob

They are going to raise the bar for everyone. Chevy is dead in the water even with the AEV relationship. I bet Toyota will step up with a new .... FJ ??
But Jeep with the JL one year old is looking 20 years old.

Rubicon, 73:1 Crawl Ratio.
Bronco, 94:1 Crawl Ratio.

Removable doors that store in the back.
Removable flares too.
Factory 35s.

About time someone did it right.
And a short wheelbase 2 door rated to tow 3500#. Not that I need it but good to see the 2 door is not penalized.

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
So far Canadian MSRP starts at 40k with 4x4 and 30" tires and is damn near 59K for the Wildtrack. Wildtrack has 35s, standard front and rear lockers, low crawl ratio, 2.7 EcoBoost etc etc. Still a steep sticker, but I haven't checked our Wrangler or Gladiator MSRP.

We just bought a Tacoma TRD Off-road Premium, so locker, leather, moonroof and all the crazy crawl cameras etc. It cost $41,000 Canadian. We looked at a Wrangler “S” 2 door with power windows and locks and auto trans. Basically as bare bones as you could get a Wrangler and it was going to cost significantly MORE than our Taco. The Gladiators are up to $75,000 if you want a Rubicon. Sounds like the Bronco will do just fine!

phsycle

Adventurer
Just spent a half hour on Fords website looking at specs. Jeep is **************** themselves...

Their preemptive strike with the V8 announcement was pretty weak sauce.

If I were to get a droptop off-roader next spring, I’m still not sure which I’d get. But can’t wait till some of these guys get the Bronco on the trails. I’d like to see how it does.

javajoe79

Fabricator
I like them. Seems like Ford has done their homework on what people want in a vehicle like that. They have all the bases covered from the wanna be sport model to the seriously equipped off roader. A diesel or a V8 option would be cool though too.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

If you’re looking at one of these, or frankly, any midsize SUV for towing over 3k lbs, you’re looking at the wrong vehicle.

Define midsize suv? What would a grand cherokee be considered? I wouldn’t group it with a full size expedition, tahoe etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grassland

I think our Grand Cherokee is rated for 5000# or so which is reasonable.
Similar in size and weight to Bronco but different mentality in design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles