Hemi Wrangler or Gladiator or both?

billiebob

AEV will build one for you....

They already do the JK, I'm sure the JT will follow soon.
Or since they are "Out of Stock" maybe that dream is gone too.

But Jeep will never do it.
I think North America is going to follow the European market with ever smaller higher performance engines.

Last edited:

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
With the Ecoboost in the Bronco, Jeep needs to act now. That's way more engine than the Bronco needs.

Really don't need a V8. But if it fits, ok, why not. Oh, and you'll need a manual transmission option for it. .......actually screw that. Offer ONLY the manual trans with it. That way your killjoy dealers can't order them slushy. That would kill any other vehicle, but Jeepers are weird, and will go for it. They'll love it even more, with a pita clutch.

AEV's kit is great and all, I just forgot where I left my Rumpelstiltskin demon.

Last edited:

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
You guys think Jeep would Tweet about this on thier official twitter and then not build it?

My money says it's real.

Also, for what it's worth, AEV's official line so far is they won''t be doing HEMI kits for the JL or the JT because there are already enough engine options to choose from.

-Dan

GB_Willys_2014

You guys think Jeep would Tweet about this on thier official twitter and then not build it?

My money says it's real.

Also, for what it's worth, AEV's official line so far is they won''t be doing HEMI kits for the JL or the JT because there are already enough engine options to choose from.

-Dan
I think you are correct.

As momentum builds it will be harder for FCA to back out of this.

More details:

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Maybe that was the idea. Marketing, forcing FCA to put something nicer than a broken minivan engine into a Wrangler.

Yup, competition is a VERY good thing. If we're lucky something will force FCA to bring down the price on the JL and JT too!

-Dan

Vinman

Observer

-Dan

Or AEV knows for certain Jeep will offer a Hemi option so doesn’t want to waste their time engineering a kit that would be obsolete within a year or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier