Adventures of Hodor, A Gladiator Build Thread

camodog

Adventurer
This build is friggin awesome! And some great scenery for pics too. What part of the country are you in?

The beautiful Rocky Mountains. Mostly Colorado, but we also do Wyoming and Montana. Need to head south soon and try to go west in the near future as well

camodog

Adventurer
More pics to enjoy. I am awful at nighttime pics. But I thought the one with the moon and the string lights turned out ok.
80A497DD-378F-45C2-B0A3-4AA44D5DCA12.jpegB6F2B927-418A-46A4-A689-F76F789E5607.jpeg66E43E75-7E6C-462F-83EE-3A7C559A808A.jpeg3D55FA21-75C0-4936-BACB-0BE80E56C045.jpeg7F50B58C-3F20-44CB-9168-9A75E6829DA5.jpeg38B3BA3C-AE5B-4E95-AD98-87D95E0DBA4F.jpeg76E238CC-9F07-4776-ABFE-61CF19FA144F.jpegF16D984E-8585-48CC-A067-647F9CD07712.jpegA4825F7B-2CC7-4318-B84A-BA76CB599471.jpeg

We survived our 1st true thunderstorm, the canopy camper did a fantastic job of keeping us dry and out of the elements! So much better than the old tent days.

camodog

Adventurer
Update: here is the listing

I have some bittersweet news!
Hodor and Bran are on the market.
Reason being, I need to sell the truck so that I can place my Diesel Gladiator order.
I can go about this two ways:

1. sell as a complete truck and camper package.
2. sell just the truck without the camper And swap the camper onto my new truck.

I will be putting together a sale ad soon. If you know anyone that is interested please IM ASAP!

Last edited:

dstock

Explorer
Update: here is the listing

I have some bittersweet news!
Hodor and Bran are on the market.
Reason being, I need to sell the truck so that I can place my Diesel Gladiator order.
I can go about this two ways:

1. sell as a complete truck and camper package.
2. sell just the truck without the camper And swap the camper onto my new truck.

I will be putting together a sale ad soon. If you know anyone that is interested please IM ASAP!

Just curious, do you find the Pentastar lacking in the Gladiator? I get the mileage and torque of the diesel are superior but so is the price tag. I also get if you just always wanted a diesel!
Thanks.

camodog

Adventurer
The pentastar paired with the 8speed is surprisingly better than it should be. To answer you though, ya, the 3.6 is not going to blow you away with its torque or power, but it is enough for the trails and keep pace on the highway.
i am really hoping the HEMI teaser is not just a tease. I think I would prefer that over the diesel.

grogie

Like to Camp
The pentastar paired with the 8speed is surprisingly better than it should be. To answer you though, ya, the 3.6 is not going to blow you away with its torque or power, but it is enough for the trails and keep pace on the highway.
i am really hoping the HEMI teaser is not just a tease. I think I would prefer that over the diesel.

I just saw that 392 Hemi in the JL Concept. Pretty cool... if they can make it work with crash safety? Last fall I was looking at 2500 Ram with the 6.4 Hemi which is awesome, once you get past the mpg. The diesel of course has the added range, which is certainly its benefit.

So is the diesel Gladiator currently available for order?

Chorky

Observer
Nice work so far. It's refreshing to see folks willing to take a brand new rig off the beaten path!

camodog

Adventurer
Nice work so far. It's refreshing to see folks willing to take a brand new rig off the beaten path!

thank you! We generally only use the trails to connect us from Starbucks to the Whole Foods parking lot.
Kidding of course, but I read all the time how no one takes their trucks offroad and all Jeeps are mall crawlers.

camodog

Adventurer
Yes the diesel is available for order, but with rumors about the hemi, I may just hold out to see what the best option will be.
We are not at all disappointed with the 3.6.

My husband and I thought about your listing for a few days. It threw us for a loop because, as you know, we're working on a similar build for global overlanding. But in the end, we decided we need to stick with the Sport + Max Tow Package. With our four-year-old onboard, we really need the extra payload capacity that the Rubicon doesn't offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles