2017 Smittybilt Scout for sale. $15000..... SOLD

ebrabaek

Adventurer
So as this have been a great ride, this past weekend made it painfully clear that we need to sell the trailer as my wife was struggling to get up and down the ladder, as she needs to have her hip replaced. The trailer have to many modifications to reasonably list them all but the entire build is featured here on Expedition Portal. Please enjoy the video with a walk around which explains all the features of the trailer. Located in Grand Junction Colorado.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi9cNub07Hw&t=13s

1.jpg

Last edited:

jarrodreno

Man, super nice. Found your video on YouTube a while back as I’ve been looking to pick one up to modify, I took lots of notes from your video but haven’t picked one up yet. You in Grand Junction area?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Man, super nice. Found your video on YouTube a while back as I’ve been looking to pick one up to modify, I took lots of notes from your video but haven’t picked one up yet. You in Grand Junction area?

Hi there.
Yeppers I am. I am super glad I have helped to inspire. You in this area as well??

ebrabaek

Adventurer
drool....i really want one of these...ive been kicking the idea around

It have been a pleasure to build this one out to where it is today. The Scouts greatest asset is its customization ability. It can become whatever you want. This one went from a tongue weight of 385 pounds to just over 200 with 12 gallon of fresh water up front.

Silverback07

Adventurer
Fantastic build. Will miss your updates in the other thread. Someone is going to get a one of a kind trailer. Good luck with the sale.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Fantastic build. Will miss your updates in the other thread. Someone is going to get a one of a kind trailer. Good luck with the sale.

Thank you for those kind words Silver.
It have been a great ride. We love this very capable trailer. It will be sad to see it go, but knowing someone will be blessed with new adventures shall make up for the departure of the little Smitty.
Thank you also for all the inspiration and help you have been.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
If you have your own RTT and want to save a bit, I would consider taking the tent off and reduce the price. Same goes for the Engel fridge.
Just a thought.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
If you have your own RTT and want to save a bit, I would consider taking the tent off and reduce the price. Same goes for the Engel fridge.
Just a thought.

Have you looked into any other hitches? That is a fantastic build. I had to sell my last trailer after I broke my back a few years ago but am now in the market again! Also, would an ARB 50 fit in that fridge compartment? Oh also, I didn’t notice, is there a 2” receiver on the back for a bike rack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Have you looked into any other hitches? That is a fantastic build. I had to sell my last trailer after I broke my back a few years ago but am now in the market again! Also, would an ARB 50 fit in that fridge compartment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the kind words. It has been fun building it and it works awesome.
I have actually looked into other hitches, but simply left it on the table until we would venture into very difficult terrain. You would simply remove the pin and pull out the current hitch and install whatever other hitch, and re install the pin. Take just few minutes.
We looked at several other fridges but decided on the engel due to its low about 2 amp draw when running. It was also the one requiring the least modification to the bucket it sits in. If that would not work the plan was to fab a carbon fiber bucket that would work and throw the OEM bucket away. I also considered just making a new system that had a plate with sliders underneath. If memory serves me correct I'd say the opening is about 18.5 inches wide. 25inches tall and 28 deep but I can verify that as we get back home next week. I see many put their bigger dual zone fridges in the back compartment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles