Stacking FrontRunner wolf packs

hour

Observer
Quick question, but how are people strapping these down while also stacking them?

I have them on a bed slide and can anchor them to the rails on the sides and down the middle of the platform, but running any strap over top of a bin means nothing can stack on top of it.

Thinking about using hook-end turn buckles to go from the factory holes in the sides of the bins to tie downs on the track but figured I'd solicit some input first. Turn buckles will probably be kind of janky since the holes in the bins aren't centered.

bins.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
You can stack other things on top of the strapped down boxes. What would put on top of them ?

Scoutman

Explorer
Run a short bungee (like a 12" or an 18") from one bin hole, through the bed slide anchor, and up to the other bin hole. If you want to secure 2 stacked on top of one another just use a longer bungee.

Inkedbins_LI.jpgInkedbins_LI.jpg

hour

Observer
Run a short bungee (like a 12" or an 18") from one bin hole, through the bed slide anchor, and up to the other bin hole. If you want to secure 2 stacked on top of one another just use a longer bungee.

Not bad, thanks for the idea. Some obstacles to overcome, like finding something that can actually fit through the anchors, and a bungee that isn't too stretchy. I plan to just double stack the rear/left most in pic two bins (recovery crap in one, tools and electronics repair stuff in the other) as they're not used as frequently. The single height bin is for dry food and I'm thinking the Ryobi shop vac would nest on top of it just right. That'd free up a lot of space on the end of the bed slide for another cooler, or backpacks, whatever. Just gotta make sure the bungee from the rear two isn't pushing everything towards the tailgate.

I stacked two of them in my garage and they seem pretty damn stable with how they nest together, so much so that I'd be willing to try my usual camp spot fire roads with the top bin not strapped down, only the one beneath it.

Scoutman

Explorer
Use the solid rubber ones and you should be fine. They should fit through the anchor eyes with the metal hook removed. Is the bedslide textured or rubberized on the surface?

drrobinson

Still don’t get why not just run two 1” webbings traps over the top of the two stack?

I use roller cam straps and they are very secure and fast to affix.

I wouldn’t run without both boxes strapped down. If you are going to use the holes on the side, put them on he top box in the stack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scoutman

Explorer
Still don’t get why not just run two 1” webbings traps over the top of the two stack?

I use roller cam straps and they are very secure and fast to affix.

I wouldn’t run without both boxes strapped down. If you are going to use the holes on the side, put them on he top box in the stack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think it has to do with having a secured box that you can still get into without removing any straps.

I agree with you on securing the top box if stacking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles