High output alternator

Howard70

Adventurer
What year is your truck? The stock alternator increased to 140 amps around 2010 to 2012 (I'm not certain of the date - our 2014 and our 2017 both had the 140). If yours is less that 140 and 140 would suit your needs a new one from Fuso might work?

Howard

What year is your truck? The stock alternator increased to 140 amps around 2010 to 2012 (I'm not certain of the date - our 2014 and our 2017 both had the 140). If yours is less that 140 and 140 would suit your needs a new one from Fuso might work?

Howard

It’s an 2006. Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out.

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skippythedog

Observer
Call Blanchard Electric in Seattle at Boeing Field....press "shop" extension and ask for Todd....he's a whiz....I just ran over the same question for my 07.......essentially, it comes down to the plug configuration which he called an "L and R".....He said, "Hell, we can probably fit anything you want, maybe even up to 240 amps...." You might have to build a bracket or spacer.

Call Blanchard Electric in Seattle at Boeing Field....press "shop" extension and ask for Todd....he's a whiz....I just ran over the same question for my 07.......essentially, it comes down to the plug configuration which he called an "L and R".....He said, "Hell, we can probably fit anything you want, maybe even up to 240 amps...." You might have to build a bracket or spacer.

Thanks I’ll check it out.

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzlToy

Explorer
A BLDC generator will be considerably more efficient than an alternator, the best of which approach 80%, where a BLDC generator exceeds 95% efficiency in top of the range products.

Alternators are not typically designed to produce lots of amperage at idle or at low speed. They are designed to keep everything running with your car or truck moving down the road at highway speeds, not 600 - 800 RPM. A custom alternator or pulley swap can improve this, but can also cause a knock on effect at higher speeds, where over-speeding can occur.

Finding a competent professional is key, and increasingly difficult in this day and age. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles