Idacamper2.0 Color change, please let me know your thoughts.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Thanks guys

I've started the reassembly. compartment door hardware installed, water fill port installed, shore power port installed, etc etc...

And also very happy to report the fresh taillight buckets, redesigned ;)
I was really not excited about the boxy buckets, I had started, so I fabbed these out of aluminum channel.

Coated with the same Monstaliner, they now keep the slim 16" tail lights serviceable, and pay homage to the original camper build.

The Iphone seems to have corrected its colors, with the red lamps in the photo now....
This is a pretty good representation of the colors.
The white is actually a very light gray, which matches the truck Oxford White very well.

49992633223_27bd81a354_b.jpg

49993153936_993783bd1d_b.jpg

1000arms

Thanks guys

I've started the reassembly. compartment door hardware installed, water fill port installed, shore power port installed, etc etc...

I was really not excited about the boxy buckets, I had started, so I fabbed these out of aluminum channel.

Coated with the same Monstaliner, they now keep the slim 16" tail lights serviceable, and pay homage to the original camper build.

The Iphone seems to have corrected its colors, with the red lamps in the photo now....
The white is actually a very light gray, which matches the truck Oxford White very well.

All's (AC) Well That Ends Well ... Looks good!

One doesn't often get to make a play on words involving Shakespeare on this forum. :cool:

That gray vent on the camper side is for the air-conditioner-well on the back of the camper, right?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
There are two new vents.

Ones on the rear are additional venting for the AC unit, yes. (y)
Forward one (shown in this shot without the louvered cover) is for a the new range hood vent.

49982235062_2154733486_b.jpg

Ducstrom

There are two new vents.

Forward one (shown in this shot without the louvered cover) is for a the new range hood vent.

That looks awesome! Good job on the layering. I was sceptical about you getting crisp lines due to the paint texture, but it came out great.

I asked earlier in the thread, but I think you may have missed it. Any reason for going with the monstaliner over raptor liner?
I am going to be buying some soon to paint the 'in box' part of my camper.

Again, great job! Makes me want to spray monstaliner over the boat paint I just put on.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
How clean the decals made the lines is impressive. Not terribly easy, but doable for anyone provided you have patience to do it correctly.
There is a considerable about of TOUGH sanding prep you must do to prep the base coat to accept the final color.

This is the first Monstaliner project Ive done that required sanding the cured coating. It is tough as nails, sanding is not easy....
Sanding discs wear out fast, and I literally have blistered up fingers from hand sanding right up to the decals.

But the results do speak for themselves. Im certainly happy with it.

I did the flatbed in Raptor, but chose Monstaliner mainly for the colors I wanted.
The volume I needed was also far greater than I was willing do deal with going with Raptor.
The bottles Raptor uses are small. Monstaliner comes in gallons, and I bottle I set the gun up for used a 1/2 gallon jug.
So for each gallon, I only refilled once, which makes controlling the texture/consistency easier, as you are not starting and stopping nearly as much.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Here is an example of hand sanding required to prep the base coat to accept another coat.

All by hand, slow, using 100 grit sponge sanding blocks.

I had a hard time believing just how hard the stuff cures...

49974928173_4d9dd02106_b.jpg

1000arms

There are two new vents.

Wow, all that time and effort to make a nicely sealed camper, and here you are putting all sorts of holes in it! :cool:

Enjoy the AC (and the range hood)! :)

ITTOG

Thanks guys

Looks great. Where did you get the built, not bought sticker? I couldn't find that design on Amazon.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Getting very close.... I'm on target to have it finished and out of the shop this weekend. :cool:

Still have the AC cover to sort out (perforated aluminum sheet), a rear roof deflector (to keep moisture off the rear wall), and the roof recoated with Gacoroof (white)

Seems the jacks need painting now :unsure:

49996592118_8e87802b2a_b.jpg

ITTOG

I'm an Ebay junky. Still havn't pushed over to Amazon yet :oops:

Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

ITTOG

Getting very close.... I'm on target to have it finished and out of the shop this weekend. :cool:

Still have the AC cover to sort out (perforated aluminum sheet), a rear roof deflector (to keep moisture off the rear wall), and the roof recoated with Gacoroof (white)

Seems the jacks need painting now :unsure:

49996592118_8e87802b2a_b.jpg
It is looking great.

I have never heard of gacoroof. I assume you have used it in the past and reapplying. If my assumption is correct, how long has it been on before you reapply this time. One of my major issues with my truck camper is I haven't found a single sheet of aluminum or steel to cover it. It is 12 x 6. So maybe I overlap the sheets and then apply this stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Awesome job the results turned out great. There is one thing that would bug the crap out of me. That darn vent in the top of the tree. That is just me and my OCD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles