Intech RV

Red13

Spoke to a local dealer and he tells me a new model is due soon. Asks me my height (6') and says i can walk in it and the kitchen will be inside. Think single axle Discover.

dreadlocks

i think its still tandem, but rumor is the slide out kitchen was nixed.. if they made it a single dexter torsion axle it would be overloaded hauling toys

dreadlocks

Tongue Weight would be my guess, slide outs are heavy for what they are and toy haulers are tongue heavy since the only place to put anything and maintain a big cargo area is in the front.

TGK

I sent an e-mail to Intech asking for confirmation on the rumor that they are working on a new version of the Discover. Reply posted below. Will be interesting to see what they release.

"I can confirm that those “rumors” are correct that we are prototyping a bigger unit on the Flyer line. I can’t give specifics at this time of size and options available except to say it will be tall enough for most to stand up in. Once we have an approved prototype, final plans will be ironed out before we release the official news and details to the public! Unfortunately, I can’t give a timeline when all that will happen. However, I encourage you keep your eye on inTech"

stonepa

Observer
QQ. Read the forum but I have a couple of questions. I am looking at buying a 2020 Flyer Pursue with the Adventure package. I am used to camping out of my Land Cruiser so a trailer will be new to me. Is the onboard battery only for the lights / radio? Or will it run the AC or heater for at least a short period of time? Also, will the torsion axle suspension handle washboarded roads (given no springs or shocks) or will the thing just rattle itself apart?

dreadlocks

There are 2 power systems, 120VAC which runs the AirCon (w/heat strips), Battery Charger, and powers the AC outlets provided.. this requires "shore" power borrowing from marine terminology... the DC system runs of the battery, it powers the lights/radio/powervent(s) plus any 12VDC accessory & USB ports.

Torsion Axles provided dampening by design, and proper dampening depending on weight loaded out.. it will ride far better down washboarded roads than any other normal leaf spring trailer.. but given everything is solid aluminum and welded together structure, the chances of anything rattling apart are basically zero even if it did.

Let me say the heat strips suck, If your going to need heat and have power get a small 1500W Space Heater, it'll be 100x quieter and more effective... If you need heat without power, I'd suggest looking at outfitting either/or a Propex Heater (external combustion/dry/expensive) or a Wave Heater (internal combustion/humidity/cheap) depending on what you prioritize.. Really avoid Buddy Heaters, they stink and nobody feels safe sleeping w/em burning.

AirCon Requires a Generator if you need it boondocking, a Honda EU2200 will run em.

Last edited:

stonepa

Observer
There are 2 power systems, 120VAC which runs the AirCon (w/heat strips), Battery Charger, and powers the AC outlets provided.. this requires "shore" power borrowing from marine terminology... the DC system runs of the battery, it powers the lights/radio and any 12VDC accessory ports.

Torsion Axles provided dampening by design, and proper dampening depending on weight loaded out.. it will ride far better down washboarded roads than any other normal leaf spring trailer.. but given everything is solid aluminum and welded together structure, the chances of anything rattling apart are basically zero even if it did.

Let me say the heat strips suck, If your going to need heat and have power get a small 1500W Space Heater, it'll be 100x quieter and more effective... If you need heat without power, I'd suggest looking at outfitting either/or a Propex Heater (external combustion/dry/expensive) or a Wave Heater (internal combustion/humidity/cheap) depending on what you prioritize.. Really avoid Buddy Heaters, they stink and nobody feels safe sleeping w/em burning.

AirCon Requires a Generator if you need it boondocking, a Honda EU2200 will run em.
Thanks -super helpful. I'm used to Alaska cold so I doubt I will use the heater strips for much. I'd just use a warm sleeping bag and open the windows. How long will the fridge run on a single charge of the battery? Most like will buy a GoPower 200w solar panel for camping in the sun in Utah.

dreadlocks

Depends on the Fridge, what its packed with, what temp its set at, your behavior and the Battery, most of the time things like LP tanks and batteries are fitted by dealer so who knows what its got.. InTech is kinda bare bones on this respect, they kinda either expect you to be fine with minimal power or build out to what you need.

Fridge power varies so much depending on ambient temps, if its cold it could run very little and if its hot it could run most of the time.. also depends on how often you get into it and if your restocking it with beer as you empty it.. from my experience, on average for most the summer you can expect a ~20AH day need at least for a good quality fridge.. YMMV.

A really good upgrade from the base system would be to just ditch the battery it comes with and replace it with two Duracell 6v GC2's from Sams Club, wired together so its one big 12v bank.. that gives you over >200AH battery bank for ~$200, enough to run a good fridge in the summer for at least 5 days solid before reaching 50%, and with 200W of solar backing it up you could boondock indefinitely pretty easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles