Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

AZPAJERO

Observer
out with the boys

if7aNEph.jpg

DocGTO

This is my "new to me" 2002 Montero Limited. We did the OME HD suspension, 16x8 zero offset Overlander II wheels with 265/75-16 Federal Couriaga MT tires. ARB Deluxe bumper with Smitty built X2O 10K with synthetic rope, Hella 7 inch spots, and offset Fairlead. Added a 5K rear hitch for recovery point and to mount the MTB rack. Did all the required maintenance along with the timing belt service. Flushed all diffs/trans, ect with Amsoil fluids, new brake rotors and pads, ect. Planned diff and trans case vent tube relocate. We are in the process of doing the roof rack. It is at the shop for a Line-X spray and then we can mount the usual recovery items and install some Hella aux lights and the Rhino 7x7 awning. The Monty is at the stereo shop for a double din apple car play head unit so we can run the GAIA GPS maps on a 7 inch screen and a CB install and running the HAM radio external antenna as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4612.jpg
    IMG_4612.jpg
    796.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4614.jpg
    IMG_4614.jpg
    954.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4615.jpg
    IMG_4615.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4616.jpg
    IMG_4616.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4617.jpg
    IMG_4617.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4675.jpg
    IMG_4675.jpg
    1,002 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7232.jpg
    IMG_7232.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 85

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Congratulations on the "new" rig!
Extending the breather vents in the diffs., transfer case, and transmission is an inexpensive, but very worthy mod! That was one of the first things I did to the '02. I ended up using a Toyota part for the breathers (part # 90930-03136) and fuel line for the extensions.
Did you flush the transmission with Mitsu. fluid? I wouldn't suggest anything but oem fluid for the transmission, but love Amsoil in everything else.
Here's wishing you many miles of adventure in your new Monty!
Cheers

bitoy

Observer
Sorry for the late reply here. Havent been on for a little bit. Anyway, down here in New Zealand the way many people are doing a suspension lift is to use factory rear springs from a Nissan Safari/Patrol. They fit perfectly and give about a 2.5 inch lift and a higher spring rate. And they are super common, you can get them free or cheap from the Nissan guys. Now if your not in a country with lots of Safari/Patrols this probably isn't so helpful, but the approximate lift I have is 2.5 inches. Previously I was running a set of Dobinson 30mm lift springs (just over an inch), but I eventually found that I wanted/needed more lift than that. Found that I was enjoying some of the harder tracks and needed more clearance.

On the front there isn't that much you can do with the torsion bars. I wound mine up approximately 2 inches (when the truck is full for trips it sits pretty even). But winding up the torsion bars brings the upper A arms drop stops closer to their stops on the frame. This decreases the amount of down travel you have which negatively effects your offroad performance as well as making the truck drive harsh on the road.

So there are two main things I know about to alleviate this problem. The easier (and legal in NZ) way to do this is to just trim the drop stops to open up some of that space again. There is a line about halfway down the stops which is a pretty good place to start. Remember you have 4 drop stops in total, 2 of them are harder to see (back by the brake line) and you could not notice them. The other thing you can do (but is illegal in NZ) is to do an upper ball joint flip. For this you take the upper ball joint, which from factory is attached to the top of the upper A arm, and bolt it to the bottom of the A Arm. You can even put a spacer between the A Arm and the ball joint if you want to go nuts. But like I said, this isnt legal in NZ and is maybe not that safe as now your upper ball joint is only held in place with 3 smallish bolts. But to be honest plenty of people here have done the ball joint flip with no problems driving pretty hard. I am curious how much this would help me, but just cutting the drop stops helped quite a bit.

You asked for photos of my suspension set up. I can get some in the next day or so. But to be honest theres not that much to see. Some taller black springs and some chopped drop stops.

PS just added a bunch of random photos from sweet trips around NZ! Definitely worth a visit once this COVID thing is all over!!
Simply beautiful rig. Functional.
What engine does it have and what size wheels and tires are you running?

Simply beautiful rig. Functional.
What engine does it have and what size wheels and tires are you running?
Thanks man, it does most everything I need it to! Its got a 2.8l turbo diesel motor. And the wheels are 15x8" negative 22 offset. Tire size is 33x12.5xr15. Good set up for what I want to do.

mario zamora

Hello good afternoon, I am Mario Zamora from Chile, since 2016 I did not post since I was away from the 4x4 a couple of years ago, a few months ago I began to build a project that leaves unfinished, it is a mitsubishi montero 2.5 year 2000, I put a front differential of land cruiser series 80, crowns 4.9 and I am designing a double transfer with the original reducer from mitsubishi, the suspension was designed for 40 "tires using those of a friend, but I will start with 37 to save for 40, I will open a post telling details.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-26 at 11.37.57 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-05-26 at 11.37.57.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-05-26 at 11.37.58 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-05-26 at 11.37.58 (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-05-26 at 11.47.17 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-05-26 at 11.47.17 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-05-26 at 11.47.17.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-05-26 at 11.37.56.jpeg

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Hello good afternoon, I am Mario Zamora from Chile, since 2016 I did not post since I was away from the 4x4 a couple of years ago, a few months ago I began to build a project that leaves unfinished, it is a mitsubishi montero 2.5 year 2000, I put a front differential of land cruiser series 80, crowns 4.9 and I am designing a double transfer with the original reducer from mitsubishi, the suspension was designed for 40 "tires using those of a friend, but I will start with 37 to save for 40, I will open a post telling details.

I'd love to see pics of the double Mitsu transfer case, i've wanted to do that one myself. nice truck.

uncompromise

Adventurer
The Monty is at the stereo shop for a double din apple car play head unit so we can run the GAIA GPS maps on a 7 inch screen and a CB install and running the HAM radio external antenna as well.

What unit did you go with? This is one of the upgrades we’re wanting to make to our 2004.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles