ARB 50 qt original or Series 2

WOODY2

Adventurer
Wanting a 50 qt ARB and not sure whether the original model or new Series 2 is best? Anyone?

jadmt

ignore button user
I have an original and love it but if I were replacing it I would get the latest and greatest. I have had mine 3 years and it runs 24/7 but the newest version has some features that I would like.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Series two, without doubt. I have had both. The 2 series has much better lighting internally, and its blue :)
Honestly, I forget all the differences, but when I received it, I recall being pleased and impressed. I have been running mine for probably 5 years non-stop as my beverage cooler in the house, and then periodically on the trail. Its fantastic.

jadmt

ignore button user
Series two, without doubt. I have had both. The 2 series has much better lighting internally, and its blue :)
Honestly, I forget all the differences, but when I received it, I recall being pleased and impressed. I have been running mine for probably 5 years non-stop as my beverage cooler in the house, and then periodically on the trail. Its fantastic.
series II is black and gray, the series I is blue. The series II just came out last year. https://arbusa.com/site/wp-content/uploads/Series2Fridge.pdf

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I prefer the Blue and Grey version, The Black and grey version looks too much like another brand and the Blue and Grey model looks more cheerful, :love: ?

I own 2 of the ARB's the 50Qt I bought 4 years ago and the 80 Qt I bought last year after they released the Black and grey models,

And just a minor fact to correct ARB's mistake, The series 1 ARB was a Rebadged Engel, The Blue and Grey Model was the Series 2 which by rights make the Black and grey Version either the Series 3 or the Series 2b,

But what ever they are after the thousands of hours I have spent testing them they are the closest 4x4 fridge on the market that behaves just like the Domestic versions we have in our homes, having multi temperature zones,

Either way you can't go wrong with either model, I love em,

Good luck and have fun with your new Toy, (y)

jadmt

ignore button user
That is confusing lol. I guess i did not know that my blue and gray is really a series 2 Those crazy ozzies lol

WOODY2

Adventurer
I prefer the Blue and Grey version, The Black and grey version looks too much like another brand and the Blue and Grey model looks more cheerful, :love: ?

I own 2 of the ARB's the 50Qt I bought 4 years ago and the 80 Qt I bought last year after they released the Black and grey models,

And just a minor fact to correct ARB's mistake, The series 1 ARB was a Rebadged Engel, The Blue and Grey Model was the Series 2 which by rights make the Black and grey Version either the Series 3 or the Series 2b,

But what ever they are after the thousands of hours I have spent testing them they are the closest 4x4 fridge on the market that behaves just like the Domestic versions we have in our homes, having multi temperature zones,

Either way you can't go wrong with either model, I love em,

Good luck and have fun with your new Toy, (y)
I'm putting the cover from a blue and grey on it no one will ever know.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Have you seen the new ARB Zero fridges? It's their newest redesign.
No not yet I am liking the side opening models because I have changed my Vehicle and that would really work well for my needs, Can't wait until they get over here, I think I will go for the 50Qt model if I can find one,

The 50Qt model Blue and Grey or the Black and Grey have the best overall power draw but even the bigger models still have great power economy (y)

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I'm putting the cover from a blue and grey on it no one will ever know.
Funny you should say that because when I bought the Blue and Grey 80Qt I could not get the Cover for it and I ended up with one of the new Black and Grey Covers for it so now I got the best of both worlds, LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles