Mercedes 1222A.. The beginning!

Sitec

Adventurer
I took a trip to Bunnings (Ozzie hardware center) on Sat morning with a few mates to look at some light but tough cargo boxes. I'd already sized up what would work, and came home with these two. Trial fit time!

Cab Mods 30.jpg

Sitec,

Looks great. Please provide a video or sound clip once you test the air horns ?

Sitec

Adventurer
Yesterday and today was spent cutting, shaping, trimming and fitting the mesh which will turn the last few weeks work into a basket! The center has a raised mesh section to allow the cab roof vent/hatch to open. I wanted to keep the rack as low to the cab as possible, but still have use of the hatch. One idea is to open the front of the hatch and have air funneled into it by the horn box, in the hopes that this might be the way we pressurize the habitation box when on dirt roads. If it works, it'll save the work of two more snorkels and internal hab box air filters... At this point, it should be noted I can still pick this roof rack up on my own, and two people can easily carry it. :)

Cab Mods 31.jpg

Cab Mods 32.jpg

Roll on next weekend!! ;)

Sitec

Adventurer
Wow, those air horns will scare away any roos in a 10 km radius. ?

We've had some highly amusing moments with them. When I first got them, we set them up in the workshop at work pointing towards the offices... There's a (now disused) railway just behind the workshop. I gave the horns a long blast as two mechanics sprinted through the offices banging the walls and shouting "train's derailed" as they went... The chaos in the office that followed was hilarious! The parts manager couldn't get over the parts counter fast enough!

We've had some highly amusing moments with them. When I first got them, we set them up in the workshop at work pointing towards the offices... There's a (now disused) railway just behind the workshop. I gave the horns a long blast as two mechanics sprinted through the offices banging the walls and shouting "train's derailed" as they went... The chaos in the office that followed was hilarious! The parts manager couldn't get over the parts counter fast enough!
Haha, great practical joke ???

joeblack5

Funny,, I am sure they love you now...Did they sell you the horn originally?
On our last trip we had a section highway close along the railroad and we honked at the engineer while the kids were waving from behind the bus doors.. It was a nice guy so he honked back and we continued this game for 10 miles or so. The kids had fun and I would think that the engineer was slightly less bored. He probably went outside the "what is allowed" , we sure did not complain.

Sitec

Adventurer
I was wondering how many were fired.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Luckily none. I work at a place that has good humor and see's entertainment in most things. They're not common these days. Guess thats one of the main reasons I'm still working there. :)

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Pretty sure if I were those guys in the shop I would sneak into your shed and fit some rail wheels onto your truck. You know what they say about payback ?.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
I would get a small air tank and an old horn, then attach the solenoid to a timer. Wait until your away, and then hide it under or near the house. Have the timer trip the horns for half a second at random intervals. See how long it takes you to find it at 2AM. :devilish:

joeblack5

The roof rack looks fantastic, surprised that you covered your escape hatch and that the storage box latches are on the inside. Looks nice nevertheless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke