Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

ChasingOurTrunks

I hope this works

Great photos and nice looking rig.

What was your solution for the antenna on the roof? It sticks up quite high and I’m aware of the stubby option but yours doesn’t look like it has that. Did you relocate the antenna or do you forgo the functionality of it (that’s what I’m thinking about - CarPlay does everything I need radio-wise)?

Clinton Morse

Also a bit random, but if a 6" mattress is on your list I personally recommend the Exped which is 25% off right now through REI (y) https://www.rei.com/product/171116/exped-megamat-max-15-duo-sleeping-pad The dimensions fit the camper's bed section perfectly!
We have the Megamat Duo (4") in ours. Extremely comfy, I can only imagine what the 6" is like, though probably not necessary - the 4" is more comfortable than our regular bed. It overhangs the main platform by about an inch which means you need to pull the edge of the mattress back if opening the rear platform for a middle of the night excursion...

Clinton Morse

Soon, with the shutdowns in ZA the tank manufacture is still on lock down. We expect to have units here in 45-60 days if all goes well, apologize for the delay!

Any details on the water tank? I may make some changes to my current setup, but interested in specs/dimensions as I might go this route. Might as well plan my updates to accomodate that option. Great to hear on the Dickenson too - looking forward to that!!

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Any details on the water tank? I may make some changes to my current setup, but interested in specs/dimensions as I might go this route. Might as well plan my updates to accommodate that option. Great to hear on the Dickenson too - looking forward to that!!

It has been a "PITA" working through two vendors now, but we are finally done. Press release i'm told goes live Friday for the water tank kits!

That looks great and thank you for posting. Do you mind laying out the options you chose? It looks like you might have a tank or something on the front of the camper? The Alu-Cab CC is number one on our list.

Jack
Hi Jack: We went for the Prime upgrade with shadow awn, table, shower cube, molle plates with Rotopax fuel tanks, and Expedition Essentials external propane tank mount which holds an 11-pound tank. On the front bumper is a receiver winch. It can be removed and put on the rear receiver if needed. for the bed, we chose a Big Agnes Dream Island double wide with Big Agnes integrated pad. Have fun out there!

Great photos and nice looking rig.

What was your solution for the antenna on the roof? It sticks up quite high and I’m aware of the stubby option but yours doesn’t look like it has that. Did you relocate the antenna or do you forgo the functionality of it (that’s what I’m thinking about - CarPlay does everything I need radio-wise)?
I still have not found a solution to the antenna problem. I replaced the original with a stubby which worked fine until the installation of the CC.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Hi Jack: We went for the Prime upgrade with shadow awn, table, shower cube, molle plates with Rotopax fuel tanks, and Expedition Essentials external propane tank mount which holds an 11-pound tank. On the front bumper is a receiver winch. It can be removed and put on the rear receiver if needed. for the bed, we chose a Big Agnes Dream Island double wide with Big Agnes integrated pad. Have fun out there!
That sounds perfect. Thank you for the information. You pretty much have the same configuration that I am looking at.

Jack

Just now hopping on this thread as we're considering the Canopy Camper for a Gladiator. The camper closes no problem with the Dream Island (which we also have) and pad? Do you keep pillows in there, too? If so, what size pillow? Thanks for all your insight--it's been really helpful.

Just now hopping on this thread as we're considering the Canopy Camper for a Gladiator. The camper closes no problem with the Dream Island (which we also have) and pad? Do you keep pillows in there, too? If so, what size pillow? Thanks for all your insight--it's been really helpful.
Hi Brittany: Welcome! We have one of those memory foam egg carton mattress covers under the Dream Island and pad and it closes just fine. The bed does not fill the entire upper compartment, so there is room for pillows up there. We are super happy with the Canopy Camper.

Cheap upgrade: I have too much camping gear to fit in a Goose Gear setup, so I use tubs. The challenge with tubs is getting them over the hump created by the rubber door gasket. I knew that eventually, hauling tubs over the gasket would tear it. The solution is a length of 1.5 inch PVC pipe with "about" one-third of it cut away lengthwise. This makes a protective bridge over the gasket. There is a groove on the inside of the gasket that fits the pipe perfectly, holding it in place. I experimented with practice rings of PVC to get the cut just right. Have a look:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles