2019 Honda CRF 450L

shade

Suspension is done and on it's way back. Apparently the forks had a lot more wear and tear than the norm but nothing to be alarmed about. Hopefully I'll have it all back on the bike and buttoned up by next Wednesday.
Any idea why the wear? I know you do a lot of sand & beach riding; maybe that had an impact.

shade

No clue, no real damage, just excessive wear up front.
Do SealSavers help much with that in general? I've seen mud scraping rings (or whatever they're called) that make sense for keeping heavy debris off, but something like SS make me think of some more restrictive boots I've seen on truck shocks that can end up making things worse by trapping grit against the shaft.

shade

How many miles do you have now? My bike is over a year old, but hasn't been used much.

shade

Thanks. I'll use that as a reference. I know the odometer is pretty accurate, but I'll eventually install an hour meter to help keep track of things.

Wallygator

Adventurer
Dang I need to ride. It's been weeks. The forests open back up here this Friday, can't wait. I still have less than 600 miles on this thing, that's ridiculous. Between getting hurt and the China virus forest shutdown, I have not been riding. That is gonna change this weekend!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I am missing out on prime riding weather as well with the bike being down now for over two weeks without suspension. We head out for the Ozarks next week so it'll all go back together just in time for a solid 400-500 miles of riding up there in Arkansas. I hope to get a few more rides in before the summer heat really sets in and the bike sits up for the remainder of the summer.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Stock the bike has a two gallon tank and gets 50+ mpg so 100-120 miles. After Vortex and exhaust the fuel economy has dropped to low to mid forties average and I now have a three gallon tank so 120-140 miles. There's a 4 or 5 gallon tank on the market now as well. I carry a one gallon fuel bladder and/or 1L MSR fuel bottles when I need more range than what the IMS 3.0 tank can offer.

Your range will vary based on mods, altitude and how heavy handed you are with the throttle. I have seen as low as 37 mpg and damn near 60 mpg when it was stock. With the Vortex and exhaust at altitudes of 10,000-14,000ft ASL I saw 51 mpg average.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Springers are back. Hopefully I can find sometime in the next few days to reassemble the bike. Unfortunately, due to the current weather and forecast for the rest of the week, our Arkansas trip up in the Ozarks is off for this weekend.

UQNhO4C.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Well she's back together and oh so much better. I can't wait to get out for a full on ride to see just how much better it is all around, but from my short ride earlier I can tell it's much more plush through the entire stroke and it has much better initial bump compliance. I finally feel like I am riding completely within the bike and not on top. The most telling aspect will be to see how much better the rear end is under heavy braking and through the whoops.

I want to give a huge shout out to Brandon and his team at AHM Factory Services for turning my suspension around in 48 hours, it made it from Texas to California for repairs/overhaul/upgrades and back in just nine days. Apparently my setup is the same as Colton Udall's and if it's good enough for him well.....

35oAywQ.jpg

oPBJwhk.jpg

f6xKst6.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Still happy with the BD lights? Any issues with too much load on the electrical system, or attention from law enforcement about offroad lighting?

Yea, they are great. I have been running their lights on all of my vehicles for years now. Even though the factory light is pretty good it still doesn't even come close to theBD setup. No issues from the police, but they're never really much of a concern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles