Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

i would think that would be no problem- mine came with a tire mount for upto a 35" tire- I think which would be heaver then that. Assume ALucab has adjusted the brackets and shock some since mine but in my opinion be forewarned- A heavy door and you will be bending gas struts or causing them to "lose" their gas. I have changed the shock 3 times and now just have a really light one that will not open the door all the way and a strap to hold it open if needed. Door and hinges very solid opening shock mount not so sturdy or well designed in my opinion. i have my work arounds to make it okay but certainly is a "weak" spot

I have another question: Where do I source nuts that fit in the channels? The 8mm and 5/16nuts from my hardware store are too deep to fit in the channel. The bolt heads fit, but not the nuts. I'd like to have several on hand to do a mod when the idea hits me.

We did some social distancing over the weekend, camping on the Yampa River. I think we were more than 10 miles from the nearest building. I tried to attach photos but each time it said the files were too large. They were taken on my iPhone. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
We did some social distancing over the weekend, camping on the Yampa River. I think we were more than 10 miles from the nearest building. I tried to attach photos but each time it said the files were too large. They were taken on my iPhone. Any suggestions? Thanks!
You can either resize the photos, or upload them to one of the many free hosting services (imgur.com is a good choice), and post by URL.

2012Taco

AlumEscape

gnel

Another question Rin. Someone mentioned a 35" tire will fit on the door? I thought 33" was max?

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Looking sweet! Any news on the water tank and brackets for the front wall? Last we spoke I think they were going to make them thicker than the prototype but there wasn't an ETA with the whole COVID thing.

Soon, with the shutdowns in ZA the tank manufacture is still on lock down. We expect to have units here in 45-60 days if all goes well, apologize for the delay!

Another question Rin. Someone mentioned a 35" tire will fit on the door? I thought 33" was max?

With the molle panels it will not physically fit more than a 33" tires, without them possibly more but the door structure is only designed around a 33" tire combination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles