2nd Gen INFINITI QX56/QX80 Build

leeleatherwood

Thanks! The Z62 front frame has to be cut of by about 2" so that this bumper would be installed in the same position as the Y62. Z62 is also missing a front cross member that is found under the radiator in Y62. But the grill and front facia fits just fine with a little bit of gap around the headlight area.

View attachment 581281

Very cool, this is exactly how I had to cut my frame too, to get the number in closer.

leeleatherwood

The drawers are made of 3/4" plywood and 1/2" plywood. They sit on top of the third row seats. Since the third row is not completed flat. The drawers in the back are shallower than those in the front. They are mounted to the car using a combination of lashing straps and M6 screw through the OEM latch anchor holes (2 on each side and 2 on the floor). Most of the time I only install the right half so that the seats on the left can still be used. The storage area behind the third row can fit 4 20AH batteries plus a Redarc DCDC charger.

View attachment 581282

View attachment 581283

View attachment 581284

View attachment 581285

Very nice. The drawer slides look like rackmount server slides, I am familiar with them from working in IT.

Do you have part numbers or know what servers they came off?

The fridge tilt is top notch!

ATArmada

Have you given any thought to the shock mount hoop? Looks like they would allow for like another 2” longer shock with like another 3” of travel.

ofpower

Very nice. The drawer slides look like rackmount server slides, I am familiar with them from working in IT.

Do you have part numbers or know what servers they came off?

The fridge tilt is top notch!

I got the drawer slide from Amazon last year. The model is Advantage DSM53L-40 Drawer Slides, 40", Steel. But it seems that Amazon is not selling the 40" version now. They are pretty decent for the price ($35 a pair), full extension and lockable, no rattling.

The fridge slide is from DFG offroad. They can custom make the size to fit the narrow side of 3rd row seat.

jeepxj2000

Any thoughts/reviews on these Bumpers and Lift Kit:

WINCH BUMPERS:
1590070820659.png

1590070859871.png1590070795458.png1590070820659.png1590070859871.png

I know they are for the Armada, but seems that it would be an easier fit for the QX80 and I cannot seem to locate any bumpers for 2019 QX80.

LIFT KIT:

1590070795458.png

Thank you!

ofpower

Any thoughts/reviews on these Bumpers and Lift Kit:

WINCH BUMPERS:
View attachment 587156

View attachment 587157View attachment 587155View attachment 587156View attachment 587157

I know they are for the Armada, but seems that it would be an easier fit for the QX80 and I cannot seem to locate any bumpers for 2019 QX80.

LIFT KIT:

View attachment 587155

Thank you!

This will be definitely an easier fit on QX80 than any other Y62 Patrol bumpers on the market today. I can see the front frame is exactly the same between Armada and QX80. There might be some gaps around the headlight are due to different profiles. I am not aware of this option when I started my project otherwise I may have gone this route instead.

For the suspensions, one thing to note is that stock rear spring of Armada/QX80 is about 16" in length, whereas stock spring of Y62 Patrol is about 19" in length. So an 1.5" lift for Y62 patrol will be slightly higher lift in Aramda/QX80. Other than that, the mounting position for the front and rear shocks should be interchangeable.

jeepxj2000

What did everyone due with the cruise control notecard sized sensor in the front? I generally do not fall asleep when I drive so I do not care if it is cut and wired to never work. Has anyone done this? Finally, did you guys mount all the cameras and sensors in their new bumpers?

ATArmada

The wham bumpers in the picture show the sensors on there so with that bumper it exists the other option is dash which seems to be in/coming in but was told 3k from nisstec. That plate looks like the harbor freight plate I got for my winch. 1/4 steel powdered at $80. I don’t see how they mount the front oem crash bumper back so u will lose that like i did. I went customs saved so much money. Not the cleanest but not interested in spending 2k+ to beat some thing up.

Attachments

• 33D55073-50EB-41B9-887C-9766BAD216F5.jpeg
    33D55073-50EB-41B9-887C-9766BAD216F5.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
  • 2CFF3AD2-073B-42F8-8E6C-9F0FB4ABC253.jpeg
    2CFF3AD2-073B-42F8-8E6C-9F0FB4ABC253.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57

jeepxj2000

The wham bumpers in the picture show the sensors on there so with that bumper it exists the other option is dash which seems to be in/coming in but was told 3k from nisstec. That plate looks like the harbor freight plate I got for my winch. 1/4 steel powdered at $80. I don’t see how they mount the front oem crash bumper back so u will lose that like i did. I went customs saved so much money. Not the cleanest but not interested in spending 2k+ to beat some thing up.
The WAM bumper lists some options like a receiver, extended interior bumpers, D-ring holes, etc so it can be customized a little. I was hoping that someone on here had maybe tried it or the full size bumper.

Can you take a front picture of it for us? Thank you for sharing!

ofpower

What did everyone due with the cruise control notecard sized sensor in the front? I generally do not fall asleep when I drive so I do not care if it is cut and wired to never work. Has anyone done this? Finally, did you guys mount all the cameras and sensors in their new bumpers?

The parking sensors are easy to transfer to the bumpers. Most bumpers have holes pre-drilled for them. The adaptive cruise control radar requires a rectangular cutout on the bumper. Without the radar many systems like front emergency brake won't work. You can see the radar cutout in the pic below.

1590188036763.png

ATArmada

The WAM bumper lists some options like a receiver, extended interior bumpers, D-ring holes, etc so it can be customized a little. I was hoping that someone on here had maybe tried it or the full size bumper.

Can you take a front picture of it for us? Thank you for sharing!
Yea they have quite a few options but it all adds up and all well and good but shipped you are north of $2k with some features. To me that’s my 37” inch tire money and front bumper. I bought my bumper for $150 off Craigslist mig welded a 1/4 inch plate on each side and C channel to support. I still haven’t decided which way I plan to close the gap under the lights I’ve though sacrificial bumper...

Harbor freight winch and plate amazon 9” lights. All in for the front was at 300 (Winch) + 80 (winch plate) + 110 (lights) + 150 (bumper) + 25 (steel) = $665. While I will admit my install isn’t the cleanest by any means but a predator bar alone is twice what I spent. It comes down to what you want and what you are willing to spend. Most builds start and end before they are finished because of lack of funds.

Attachments

• 552288D8-9B15-4321-9921-6EF45A7431A7.jpeg
    552288D8-9B15-4321-9921-6EF45A7431A7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
  • 2E7902AB-48E1-4D88-A74E-0424FAAD0EE3.jpeg
    2E7902AB-48E1-4D88-A74E-0424FAAD0EE3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 90

KLYPH

Ok mate your my Fing hero..... I have soooooo many questions for you I don't know where to start. I hunted and united and hunted for clearance measurements on my breaks and calipers to find out how small a rim I could go with. I finally decided that stock 20s where as small as I could go so I matched the best sized ko2's I could to them and called it a day with great sadness I resigned myself to "I guess no mater how much I want this to be a patrol its not gonna happen" . But the biggest most important upgrade i could think of was the tires. So you got 17's on without any mods to the stock disk or calipers? That means I can go find some steel beadlocks for a reasonable price and then match my outside rolling diameter? Have you done any electrical work adding a secondary battery? If so where. Have you started on your cabinetry yet? I have some designs I have put together in 80/20 I can share with you. To many questions to count.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles