The Dometic CFX3 Mega Thread

Drumber

Observer
Look what showed up today. Not sure why the delivery driver didn't walk it up the 2 floors to my door, but I'm happy he left it close to the garage.
1st impressions: It looks super nice and has a classy look to it. The lid doesn't have a confidence inspiring "click" when you close it. It runs much quieter than my old IndelB/Webasto/Black Forest fridge. It's cooling down 24 bottles of water at a rapid pace. I'm having trouble getting the wifi and bluetooth to connect to my phone/app.

Attachments

• Fridge.jpg
    Fridge.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 75
  • 24 bottles of water.jpg
    24 bottles of water.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 82
  • Fridge out of box.jpg
    Fridge out of box.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 75

mattjm23

Look what showed up today. Not sure why the delivery driver didn't walk it up the 2 floors to my door, but I'm happy he left it close to the garage.
1st impressions: It looks super nice and has a classy look to it. The lid doesn't have a confidence inspiring "click" when you close it. It runs much quieter than my old IndelB/Webasto/Black Forest fridge. It's cooling down 24 bottles of water at a rapid pace. I'm having trouble getting the wifi and bluetooth to connect to my phone/app.

Make sure you use the CFX3 app and not the CFX app. In my excitement of getting my CFX3 55IM, i just downloaded the wrong app and couldn’t get it connect. Once i figured that out and downloaded the correct app, I had no problems getting the WiFi and BT to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Sorry everyone! Typo on the dates. Our sale will run through end of day on the 25th (hence the Memorial Day part
:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:)

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

AzDrew

Only got the shipping notification for my fridge cover but got two tracking numbers from “Atwood Mobil Products”. Order details don’t show the fridge as shipped though. Definitely didn’t order anything besides those two things

Dometic

Only got the shipping notification for my fridge cover but got two tracking numbers from “Atwood Mobil Products”. Order details don’t show the fridge as shipped though. Definitely didn’t order anything besides those two things

Did you order through shop.dometic.com or through one of our other partners?

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Heyfish

Are there any alternate wiring options for a Dometic CFX3 95DZ that don't involve a 12v cigarette connector? I feel like these connectors have a tendency to loosen up with vibration. I saw the manual says not to cut the DC cord but if it is fused, what would be the issue? Is this a warranty issue?

john61ct

Adventurer
Chop it off, replace with Anderson, make a pigtail if you ever want to use the ciggie plug again.

I recommend you don't, horrible abortion of a design.

1Louder

Explorer
Are there any alternate wiring options for a Dometic CFX3 95DZ that don't involve a 12v cigarette connector? I feel like these connectors have a tendency to loosen up with vibration. I saw the manual says not to cut the DC cord but if it is fused, what would be the issue? Is this a warranty issue?

SAE plug has work well for me for years. ARB makes a split plug with cord if you want to use that. Take the end off and there are blade connectors. Put a couple of blade connectors on to a short cord with an SAE plug and you're done. Cutting and hardwiring also works.

andy_b

Could I get the hole spacing for the mounting holes on the bottom of the CFX 75? I imagine the fridge is designed to be turned upsidedown for me to measure it myself...

michlong

Make sure you use the CFX3 app and not the CFX app. In my excitement of getting my CFX3 55IM, i just downloaded the wrong app and couldn’t get it connect. Once i figured that out and downloaded the correct app, I had no problems getting the WiFi and BT to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to know - my new fridge is supposed to arrive this afternoon.

FJR Colorado

Explorer
^ By the way, the CFX3 app is terrific. Links right up. Can be used for monitoring AND control. Sleek GUI. Quite nice.

Kudos to mattjm23 for mentioning the difference between this and the CFX app. This likely saved me some consternation. Also, the post above prompted me to download before the fridge arrived. I ended up installing the fridge way, way off the grid where I had no Internet. Having the app pre-loaded worked out great. Thanks to Matt!

Last edited:

Dometic

@Heyfish Simply unscrew the base of the DC plug to reveal the 2-pin threaded. All CFX’s and CFF’s come standard with this.

The above done you can use our Hardwire kit ($49) that has a 2-pin threaded outlet and standard 12V outlet.

If you consider cutting the cord just keep in mind that it does void the warranty.

For the CFX3’s, they are fused at AC socket, DC socket, and DC cord tip.

Hope that helps!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles