1984 Toyota Van - That's not even Overland..

stolz

Adventurer
The lift is simple, for the front of the van I just had to crank the torsion bars a bit and also trim some metal with a grinder.

The back is tricky, we don't have spacers specifically made for our vans. Some guys will buy Ford Aerostar springs and cut them down in size to fit.

But I simply bought Daystar KT09100BK Toyota 4runner spacers, they fit 90-95 4runners I believe. You have to cut a 1/4'' out of them to lessen the diameter to fit the springs on the Toyota Van.

They gave me a 1.25'' in the rear and I matched the front lift to that 1.25'' increase in the rear.

I also did all new shocks while I was down there messing around.

The best part is now that I went up from 185's to 27in General Grabbers and the lift my oil pan sits 9'' of the ground instead of 6''. This is a lot for the van and I will feel safer going down forest service roads.

IMG_8327.jpg

IMG_8373.jpg

IMG_8596.jpg

IMG_8629.jpg

Last edited:

stolz

Adventurer
Went camping on a local trail near our house mid-week. Here's a little video of our time up there.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Somebody needs to give a Toyota Previa AWD van some Overlanding Luv!

I tried to buy a Previa AWD about a year ago. A nice Previa AWD van showed up on CL and I immediately went and looked at the van. Made the seller an offer. He did not take my offer that day saying this was the first day his ad hit CL. After sitting for over 2 months unsold the seller finally re-advertised the van for LESS MONEY than I originally offered him on the first day of his original CL ad. He eventually sold the van after sitting advertised on CL for another month. Have no idea what he eventually sold the van for. After 2 months I had already lost the Previa AWD itch and moved on so I was out!

Not much aftermarket support for the Previa AWD however they are a really KOOL Van. Mid-Engine 4 cylinder laid over 70 degress on their side and some with a supercharger!

Sometimes it's hard to accept when selling that your first offer might just be your best offer!

Last edited:

stolz

Adventurer

I tried to buy a Previa AWD about a year ago. A nice Previa AWD van showed up on CL and I immediately went and looked at the van. Made the seller an offer. He did not take my offer that day saying this was the first day his ad hit CL. After sitting for over 2 months unsold the seller finally re-advertised the van for LESS MONEY than I originally offered him on the first day of his original CL ad. He eventually sold the van after sitting advertised on CL for another month. Have no idea what he eventually sold the van for. After 2 months I had already lost the Previa AWD itch and moved on so I was out!

Not much aftermarket support for the Previa AWD however they are a really KOOL Van. Mid-Engine 4 cylinder laid over 70 degress on their side and some with a supercharger!

Sometimes it's hard to accept when selling that your first offer might just be your best offer!

Yeah the Previa's are super rad, how can you deny that an AWD Supercharged van isn't a killer rig to take camping.

Maybe one day, but I've low key been on the look out for a Delica.

stolz

Adventurer
Yeah man super stoked to have this area as a backyard! If you ever come out towards Boulder Colorado we can take you to some sick spots!

plh

Explorer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles