Brophy aluminum folding scissor steps?

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
At the stage you are at, Id recommend you look into a slide out stair setup, integrated into the bed.

We certainly love ours, and not just for camper use (y)

48353262032_6f3346c52d_b.jpg

49607306306_10e761cbb8_b.jpg
Nice safe steps if you can store them as you describe.

MTVR

That's pretty slick, but we need to be able to move the stairs back and forth from the cab to the platform behind the cab...

1000arms

... we need to be able to move the stairs back and forth from the cab to the platform behind the cab...
Do you have any photographs of your vehicle?

What about two sets of steps? One set bolted under your truck bed for the camper box door, and another set of steps attached near a cab door, maybe on the passenger side? The steps might be easier to fit there, and would be best on the passenger side if your dog will be getting in/out while parked on the street.

If the two sets of steps are attached, they could each be a bit heavier than a set you would carry/drag around to service both locations.

1000arms

Sorry, I should have asked for photographs of your truck's under cab-door framing, and passenger side bed, with photographs of the passenger-side bottom of the truck bed. (My guess is these are the ones from the auction.)

I'm thinking of where to attach, and store, the steps.

MTVR

What about two sets of steps? One set bolted under your truck bed for the camper box door, and another set of steps attached near a cab door, maybe on the passenger side? The steps might be easier to fit there, and would be best on the passenger side if your dog will be getting in/out while parked on the street.

If the two sets of steps are attached, they could each be a bit heavier than a set you would carry/drag around to service both locations.

The truck is already 8 feet wide- I don't want to make it any wider by permanently mounting any steps to the side of it, much less multiple steps.

And access to the platform is restricted somewhat on the right side by the air intake snorkel and the exhaust stack.

MTVR

Sorry, I should have asked for photographs of your truck's under cab-door framing, and passenger side bed, with photographs of the passenger-side bottom of the truck bed.

I'm thinking of where to attach, and store, the steps.

We will have room inside to store a set of folding steps.

But I don't see enough room to mount them between the platform and the black battery box on the left behind the cab, and I see absolutely no place mount them beneath the cab door.

1000arms

The truck is already 8 feet wide- I don't want to make it any wider by permanently mounting any steps to the side of it, much less multiple steps.

And access to the platform is restricted somewhat on the right side by the air intake snorkel and the exhaust stack.
We will have room inside to store a set of folding steps.

But I don't see enough room to mount them between the platform and the black battery box on the left behind the cab, and I see absolutely no place mount them beneath the cab door.
I knew you wanted to keep it to 8' wide (we touched on the 8' width being legal in all 50 of the US states in another of your threads).

I was wondering if a "permanent" set of folding steps could be placed, on the passenger door side, on the second step (of the existing "ladder"), but set back in to keep things narrow when driving?

1000arms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles