MXT275 MicroMobile Back In Stock

dreadlocks

If your on the same level plane the horizon will block all communications over 8 miles with a 10ft high antenna on both ends, dont matter if you have 2W or 200W your not penetrating the earth with UHF, surely I dont have to explain what the horizon is to a boat captain https://www.qsl.net/w4sat/horizon.htm

I'm a ham operator, I can hitup most mountain top repeaters within line of sight of the front range with a handheld.. 30-50 miles is no problem.. Radio Operators try to operate with the least power required as not to unessicarly interfere on other users, its basic courtesy.. you dont blast 50W when 5W will do.. and a good operator wouldn't even want to do such things.. they make radios with 50W because sometimes you might need 50W.

One no company would continually (successful) waste time , resources, and money developing a product that isn’t working.

The 200mph speedometer in my German SUV would disagree with this mindset.. and virtually every car with a speedometer that is well higher than any speedlimit.

BigDaveZJ

Adventurer
I think the bigger advantage to the 50w unit coming out later this year is the greater repeater capability that Midland has mentioned in other threads. Especially along the Front Range where the bigger GMRS repeaters won't work with the current Midland lineup.

dreadlocks

Mindland needs to work on bringing handhelds w/repeater support, and licensed repeater base stations that don't cost $2k+ before we need to start communicating with non-existent infrastructure at the very limits of the license capabilities.

We tried to see if the chicken or the egg would come first w/GMRS repeaters, and the results are in.. neither chicken or egg appeared out of thin air.

MiamiC70

If your on the same level plane the horizon will block all communications over 8 miles with a 10ft high antenna on both ends, dont matter if you have 2W or 200W your not penetrating the earth with UHF, surely I dont have to explain what the horizon is to a boat captain https://www.qsl.net/w4sat/horizon.htm

I'm a ham operator, I can hitup most mountain top repeaters within line of sight of the front range with a handheld.. 30-50 miles is no problem.. Radio Operators try to operate with the least power required as not to unessicarly interfere on other users, its basic courtesy.. you dont blast 50W when 5W will do.. and a good operator wouldn't even want to do such things.. they make radios with 50W because sometimes you might need 50W.

The 200mph speedometer in my German SUV would disagree with this mindset.. and virtually every car with a speedometer that is well higher than any speedlimit.
Umm, that’s not why I asked but thanks for your “insight” ?

MiamiC70

I think the bigger advantage to the 50w unit coming out later this year is the greater repeater capability that Midland has mentioned in other threads. Especially along the Front Range where the bigger GMRS repeaters won't work with the current Midland lineup.
Correct and why I asked ??

Just ordered two mxt275 , said it was delivered but didn’t receive it. ?. Think it was stolen and now I tried to order more and they are back ordered again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles