NAS LR3 build with an overseas twist

@Ray_G don't want to take over your thread here on my experiments but I'm gonna blame you for asking the question.....lol

1) I plan to run a Battleborn 110ah lithium as the house battery and therefore "in cabin concerns" outside of space are virtually eliminated. Not that I can't use the Traxide still for the connection; I would most likely just need dedicated DC/DC charge profiles for the individual batteries.

2) As Victory slowly but almost surely becomes an adventure wagon only, I feel the 2nd Battery Box Auxiliary set-up can dual purpose for "supplemental" home use emergency, camp trips in the plane, etc. Just opening up options.

3) Having the Aux Battery in a dedicated and removable battery tray/box allows for the MPPT and/or DC/DC charger to remain with the box on removal and connection to the truck would be either through Andersen Power Pole or 2 x bus bar connections allowing me to connect the suitcase solar direct connection.

Hope that makes sense; but feel free, anyone, to offer "constructive" recommendations on my page.

Ray_G

Explorer
Snagged a gearbox/transfer skid plate.
e3a879b382e5ab2962a62022a48b105f.jpg

Also used the time to remove the compressor...
ff013331121aeafd45f5a35f100121e6.jpg

Great shots of me taking the pics being attacked by the dogs
c5d768fa34e7c95488146be74d9956d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray_G

Explorer
@Ray_G take that thing off and send it to me so I can pirate it......I mean make it better! hahaha

I'll send yours back and my version for free!
Best I can do is get you a trace! It's not an insignificant chunk of aluminum, and getting it on wasn't hard but was also typical Land Rover meets aftermarket parts.
I wouldn't want to think about shipping costs.

Ray_G

Explorer
That is just a portion of Twin Mountain's collection. Mine is much more modest with just an S1, D1, D3, BMW Dakar, and then the other stuff like a gen 1.5 Taco and such.

Ian_Barry

Observer
That's a parking lot that I'd like to revisit sometime soon - the move to NYC makes it feel so much more distant than it really is.

Ray_G

Explorer
Hit a milestone today. Fitting since it basically marks the end of a chapter, as she’ll be going into the garage for storage for awhile very soon-stay tuned for the next vehicle acquisition(s)!
afcdd4860ec24c70af9172403291efc4.jpg

Appropriate that it occurred within about 1/4 mile of here, as we headed back to the house from a run down by the river (the only place where it is kind of flat...when we don’t want to torture ourselves).
3c3ac6bf80bf24ab751b095aba7bf687.jpg

Going to miss these roads, but new ones await and it will be nice to come back to these.
5a29ff6e3ee313fc7fe03ab38cef81d0.jpg

Ray_G

Explorer
@Ray_G great pics; what photo editor are you using? I was reading all these forums about how all JLR products self-detonate at warranty expiration. That mileage can't be true; do you do maintenance on your vehicle too? Weird! :p:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Photo editor. I should have a better response than this but I basically took those with a new iPhone SE, and then lightly cropped them. Sometimes I turn on the auto but the coloring gets odd, so with these I turned it back off...

...I can be better, but that’s work!

On the miles, I’m pretty sure she’s got plenty left in her so long as she’s maintained. Biggest thing she needs at the moment is new tires, but the other day I realized that the KO2s I’m running I’ve had on since 110k....65k on them is more than solid in my book.

Ray_G

Explorer
It's all good, I knew it was sarcasm-I tend to see more of the sky falling on the book of faces (never mind the EAS vs coil class wars). Here seems to be a refuge where folks realize the L319 may be one of the best trucks rover ever made.

Today was too nice, I went back out.
f1f81a31f4ca41061bb45e7916847c1c.jpg

05655c79777da8cd9387cdfabe7a1ec1.jpg

8d463f9b613c78d881c53d3a10e51765.jpg

what antenna mount are you using? Tomorrow I start another service plan; doing O2 Sensors up/downstream and going try out my testy little DiY smoke machine and look for deteriorated vacuum hoses. I did all of my coolant rubber at 75k and plan to do it again around 150k depending on serviceability but never did all of the vacuum hoses when I did all of the sensors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles