Possibilities for my F-150

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Ive had my front end removed when I swapped out my grill and installed my front camera and 360 setup. It wasn’t that bad removing. Didn’t break or crack anything so thats always good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITTOG

I've heard of using a rented spreader or hydraulic jack to force the crash bars apart in order to make clearance. Otherwise, people have cut the bolts to remove and swap the bars left/right so that they angle forward instead of backward. I have a regular cab, so I don't have front crash bars and was able to fit 285/75r18 Ridge Grapplers (35.06x11.26 according to Nitto) with only plastic rubbing the treads in tight turns.

View attachment 510109
I never thought about swapping them. I would have to remove the radiator support to do that. But that may not be too bad. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ITTOG

Ive had my front end removed when I swapped out my grill and installed my front camera and 360 setup. It wasn’t that bad removing. Didn’t break or crack anything so thats always good.

Did you find directions to remove it or just figure it out on your own.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Did you find directions to remove it or just figure it out on your own.

I have the directions somewhere, which I would have printed out, so if I recall correctly, they emailed me a pdf file. Came with the camera setup I purchased.

ITTOG

I have the directions somewhere, which I would have printed out, so if I recall correctly, they emailed me a pdf file. Came with the camera setup I purchased.

If you find it I wouldn't mind seeing it. Would probably be helpful.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I've got Falcon Shocks on my rig, about 2" above factory, right in the sweet spot. For tires I ditched the 295/70/18's (E Rated) and went with 285/75/17's (C Rated) much better ride quality. Love the setup and have put it through its paces on some long offroad tracks.

View attachment 582096
Hey there, good lookin! Love the build!

Is that a leitner rack? What rims are those? That's also the 6.5 bed right? Looks great.

The lease on my F150 is up on 2 months and I will be getting a used Fx4.

BretEdge

Adventurer
Sounds like it'll be a sweet setup. I've got a 2015 F150 Lariat w/ short bed and a FWC Raven in the bed. I put a 2" lift and 295/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on it. Very little I'm not happy with in the current setup aside from storage room for a family of 3 who spends all their free time mountain biking and hiking. The Ridge Grapplers are stellar performers on road and off. Surprisingly quiet and calm on-road with very good traction off-road. They're a hybrid AT/MT tire, probably leaning more toward the AT. Highly recommended. I'll likely replace them with a 285/75/17 when the time comes because I'd rather they be a little taller and narrower than the 295's, but that's a personal preference.

I wouldn't personally do a 4" lift and 35's for a truck that's going to spend as much time on pavement and doing relatively easy dirt roads. Just overkill, and your fuel mileage will take a significant hit.

Attaching a photo of my rig for reference. As it sits, fully loaded we get around 13 MPG. Definitely not stellar but considering that my lifted FJ Cruiser also only got 13 MPG, without a camper and with a whole lot less power and space, I'm not complaining. If you're at all interested, here's a link to a blog post in which I discuss the suspension on my rig: Part Two: Building the Ultimate Photography and Adventure Vehicle - Suspension

Hope this is helpful. Happy to answer any questions.

Attachments

• Stormy Skies Over Monitor and Merrimac Buttes and Overlanding Campsite near Moab.jpg
    Stormy Skies Over Monitor and Merrimac Buttes and Overlanding Campsite near Moab.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 29

ITTOG

Sounds like it'll be a sweet setup. I've got a 2015 F150 Lariat w/ short bed and a FWC Raven in the bed. I put a 2" lift and 295/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on it. Very little I'm not happy with in the current setup aside from storage room for a family of 3 who spends all their free time mountain biking and hiking. The Ridge Grapplers are stellar performers on road and off. Surprisingly quiet and calm on-road with very good traction off-road. They're a hybrid AT/MT tire, probably leaning more toward the AT. Highly recommended. I'll likely replace them with a 285/75/17 when the time comes because I'd rather they be a little taller and narrower than the 295's, but that's a personal preference.

I wouldn't personally do a 4" lift and 35's for a truck that's going to spend as much time on pavement and doing relatively easy dirt roads. Just overkill, and your fuel mileage will take a significant hit.

Attaching a photo of my rig for reference. As it sits, fully loaded we get around 13 MPG. Definitely not stellar but considering that my lifted FJ Cruiser also only got 13 MPG, without a camper and with a whole lot less power and space, I'm not complaining. If you're at all interested, here's a link to a blog post in which I discuss the suspension on my rig: Part Two: Building the Ultimate Photography and Adventure Vehicle - Suspension

Hope this is helpful. Happy to answer any questions.

I completely agree on the mileage statement. I only leveled mine and put the larger tires on. My mileaged dropped from 21.5 to about 17.5. Depending on wind direction I can sometimes eek out 18.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles