2nd Gen Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins / The “Puller” Project

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Yea the astroturf was actually super nice, to be honest. It’s nice to walk on and super easy to pull out and wash. It was a temporary thing for me, but I recommend it for people who are willing to try it.
Yeah, that's my thought. My truck tends to be more of a beach rig, carrying my surf gear and whatnot. So being able to climb up in the bed to change into/out of my wetsuit and all that.. Much more comfy to be in there than on the asphalt/street stepping in oil spots or whatnot. Easy to clean out when it fills up with beach sand/ocean salt. Also, would double as a nice putting/chipping surface for golf practice while camping. haha! Gotta keep the game sharp. :cool:
Smart thinking for the bed base of a camper rig too. Very smart. Good job. (y)

landman

Friday Update. I hope you all are looking forward to the weekend! Man this build is making progress. It looks simple, but its a lot of work and I'm tired. Im not sure which is harder, the build or the clean up after each day.

Anyways, today I cut all the wood panels, dremeled the edges, sanded and applied the first coat (of 3) of polyurethane. Here are some pictures:

Some pics I took last night:

237541D6-6785-4E83-8993-DFA2E2A5712B.jpeg48130CA6-5936-4AB2-BC29-C51FDAE4C358.jpeg

Some pics from this afternoon of the wood work progress:

6931CD6F-13B8-4112-8400-36BA7EC26C4A.jpegDA382D9B-5E13-455B-B8B4-47DF7CD94557.jpeg

First coat of polyurethane:
640ACEAB-DE1A-4613-ABBE-573244366DF9.jpegF8A4CBA4-8FA6-4EE5-87FB-B9F061F8E24E.jpeg

Tomorrow I am planning on getting these wood panels installed on the framing in the Hiatus. I am using magnets to do it. Wish me luck. See ya’ll tomorrow.

@HiatusCampers

Last edited:

ITTOG

The cleanup is the worst. I hate it.

I am currently building my frame for my camper. While it wears me out it is fun and enjoyable. Nothing worse than having to clean up at the end of a long tiring day. Don't tell anyone but I have left it and cleaned it up the next day.

It is looking really good. Great work.

landman

The cleanup is the worst. I hate it.

I am currently building my frame for my camper. While it wears me out it is fun and enjoyable. Nothing worse than having to clean up at the end of a long tiring day. Don't tell anyone but I have left it and cleaned it up the next day.

It is looking really good. Great work.

Thanks for the compliment.

You got a build thread on the camper you’re building? Post some pics. Keep us all inspired here!

Last edited:

ITTOG

Thanks for the compliment.

You got a build thread on the camper you’re building? Post some pics. Keep us all inspired here!

It is in my signature but I have pasted the link in the body as well in case you have signatures turned off. It starts with a cargo trailer but on page 18 begins my truck camper build. I wish I was farther along but I guess no need to rush it. Since I am employed still I don't have free days to work on it. If I am lucky I will get about 10 hours a week to work on it.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...r-build-was-6-x-12-trailer-conversion.199414/

landman

Ok, yesterday I was suppose to provide an update, but the day just got away from me. Anyways, on Saturday we finished installing all the magnets for the wood cladding panels that are going around the interior metal frame. We tested some epoxy and found one that was strong enough to hold these crazy magnets and the epoxy was flexible, which will insure its longevity. We also finished the last layer of clear coat on the wood:

D95FB979-ED32-4A3B-8B85-9D6B5CB66983.jpeg4087426A-F41A-49EB-8FBD-900706FCA3A0.jpeg51A8D4E1-B7D3-452D-AC56-0C5C17A1EB3E.jpeg

landman

Sunday update, we FINALLY got to install all the magnetic wood cladding panels and add some “homey” touches. We are very happy with how the build is coming along. Tuesday we are starting the counter top, sink, and water tank saga. The following week we will install the slide out fridge and table (waiting on fridge to arrive). For now, I hope you like the progress:

554296E3-AC36-462F-A64E-C882563FF17A.jpegCC7DFE11-2C3F-45A4-A5ED-E3B05EA36140.jpeg365A59DA-AF47-4CB7-B379-C3A4C19F1706.jpeg5E5CF189-48EE-4480-B778-90BF65D1EB86.jpegF4B65530-7530-486B-AEBF-FDC2FF35C0F1.jpeg8C64D4B8-A369-4261-A7D2-07364515B7A9.jpegCE375790-CF06-441F-BFF3-CFDE29FB6A42.jpeg

landman

Quick update: Yesterday my Evershower came in. It’s a neat filtered recirculating shower system that can be paired with my on demand hot water heater. Endless hot shower while camping! Some people are turned off because it recirculates the dirty water, which I understand. Im going to install some additional filters to make it better, but there is always compromises in overland/off road rig setups. Nothing is perfect.

3FF90060-4130-4334-990C-739CB3D0012E.jpegE0051385-A2F5-4EF4-9137-D629C57E3660.jpeg

ITTOG

The build looks great. I love the metal and wood combo. Did you make the cushions?

You have me excited to build mine out, even though I was going to wait a while after finishing the camper.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ttengineer

Adventurer
Quick update: Yesterday my Evershower came in. It’s a neat filtered recirculating shower system that can be paired with my on demand hot water heater. Endless hot shower while camping! Some people are turned off because it recirculates the dirty water, which I understand. Im going to install some additional filters to make it better, but there is always compromises in overland/off road rig setups. Nothing is perfect.

View attachment 580930View attachment 580931

I would just be concerned about sending unfiltered or soapy water through the water heater.

You could potentially clog it up or ruin the element very quickly without clean water.

If you filter the water before the water heater just make sure the filter flow rates are greater than your pump flow rate, which will be hard. Unless you filter into a separate tank with a reserve of water to make up the difference in flow rates.

The build is coming along great though. Gorgeous build out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

landman

The build looks great. I love the metal and wood combo. Did you make the cushions?

You have me excited to build mine out, even though I was going to wait a while after finishing the camper.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words. I did not make the cushions, they came with the Hiatus. The are used as the bed when the bed platform is deployed.

I would just be concerned about sending unfiltered or soapy water through the water heater.

You could potentially clog it up or ruin the element very quickly without clean water.

If you filter the water before the water heater just make sure the filter flow rates are greater than your pump flow rate, which will be hard. Unless you filter into a separate tank with a reserve of water to make up the difference in flow rates.

The build is coming along great though. Gorgeous build out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I DIT NOT think about that! Hmmm..... I will have to deal with that issue somehow. Thank you for bring it to my attention, thats a damn good point.

landman

So we FINALLY got around to editing the video we shot awhile ago for Hiatus and our truck. I tried posting it here on the forum, but it wouldn‘t let me. So here is a link to our instagram where you can see the video. I hope all like it. Its just a 1 minuet sizzle reel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online