Earthroamer

maxbergi

I almost bought that 90k earthroamer a couple of years ago. Sworn off them since, but damn 60k will definitely attract drama :D

adam88

Explorer
These things came soaring down in price during the last recession. I remember an earthroamer sold for around $90,000 back in 2010. Keep in mind it was only 4 years old at that point.

So there is no reason they won't come down again. During times like this people flock to cash and expensive toys and boats and luxury things like RV's are the first to go. There's a lot of used earthroamers for sale on their used page too.

Yeah, this is the lowest I have seen one. Doesn't say if it was bulletproofed. I am guessing not since they would probably called it out. @maxbergi - How come you swore them off? I know people post a lot of drama on them, but seems like a lot of internet hate though. I really like their builds.

maxbergi

Yeah, this is the lowest I have seen one. Doesn't say if it was bulletproofed. I am guessing not since they would probably called it out. @maxbergi - How come you swore them off? I know people post a lot of drama on them, but seems like a lot of internet hate though. I really like their builds.

Just a bad experience trying to buy one

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
That's cheep. Cheep enough that some refurb and bulletproofing easily worth it unless it's been flooded or something. That 6.0 should run for a lot more years, and it's pre emission

I talked to the owner in email last night. The ER has been bulletproofed but he didn't call out it on the ad. Gave some other updates on the condition of the ER and it is definitely something you can update, etc. I wish had more cash on hand to buy it. It is generating a lot of interest so they are sticking firm on their 60k ask.

@maxbergi - I saw that thread when I was researching ER here a while ago and just didn't realize that was your username from the post in this thread. Yeah, lots of drama, but I do like their rigs.

I am not a mechanic by any means but my understanding is that the Ford 6.0 PowerStroke diesel had a lot of problems that was solved in the aftermarket. A company coined the term Bulletproofing and gave a criteria of what needs to be done to "bulletproof" that engine. There are like five major components to do.

Okay, roast me Internet :D

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I spoke with the owner. 'Bulletproofing' has not been done. But "no issues" with the engine. He is aware of what they 'list' (asking price) for. He was going to have Earthroamer do some upgrades and list it on their website, but the cost of that was far too high for him. Priced for a quick sale. Yes, he has gotten about 60 calls and there is a list of 'want to buy people'. Someone from Montana is #1 on that list, (flying out), so it is a 'get in line' if you are interested. He seems to be an honest guy, as offering him more money will not get you bumped up on the list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles