Boxes by adventure trucks (GXV's new line of trucks and DIY kits)

Momodolo

Thoughts on this? Price seems decent compared to other composite panel box kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Momodolo

What does it include? Doors, windows, interior walls, etc or are they extra?

It just includes the unassembled composite panels for the box. Now that i consider it, total composites may be the same price or cheaper once you include the windows and doors.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Please do, let me know what you come up with. How do you like your ram? Would you rather have a mitsu fuso?

Well... I called twice and left my name and number with someone and was supposed to get a “call back soon” and never did.. sooo

Ram is great so far, but haven’t driven it much at all really.. been trying to get as much done as possible while I was off work for a bit.

No fuso for me. For each is own, but I don’t understand the appeal personally. But those that have them seem to love them.

38snubby

Are these worth the price jump over arctic tern windows? They look really really nice

According to these folks they are. Read through their blog they have owned two GXV vehicles. Those windows are the same that go in most of the expedition trucks in Europe. GXV just imports them and slaps their own brand on them.

Edit: I forgot to add the link to the blog.

Last edited:

Momodolo

Well... I called twice and left my name and number with someone and was supposed to get a “call back soon” and never did.. sooo

Ram is great so far, but haven’t driven it much at all really.. been trying to get as much done as possible while I was off work for a bit.

No fuso for me. For each is own, but I don’t understand the appeal personally. But those that have them seem to love them.

Hmm, hope they get back to you! I figured as much, i hear great things about rams specifically older ones with cummins. I guess the appeal comes from just wanting a world wide serviceable truck thats very reliable and rough tough and also short wheelbase. In my searches for a super reliable rugged truck im left to decide between a dodge ram 5500 or a fuso fg140.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Are these worth the price jump over arctic tern windows? They look really really nice

Everyone I know that has those absolutely swears by them and raves how great they are.

My plan is to install smaller artic tern now and install bigger nicer ones way down the road, just by enlarging the hole. The tern ones seem plenty good to last a year or 2.

Personally, I think with the amount of folks DIY camper boxes now, more options for windows that aren’t stupid $ are going to be popping up soon. My .02

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Hmm, hope they get back to you! I figured as much, i hear great things about rams specifically older ones with cummins. I guess the appeal comes from just wanting a world wide serviceable truck thats very reliable and rough tough and also short wheelbase. In my searches for a super reliable rugged truck im left to decide between a dodge ram 5500 or a fuso fg140.

Yeah, me personally I’ll be sticking to North America. I can definitely see if you’re traveling world wide other options may be better

Momodolo

According to these folks they are. Read through their blog they have owned two GXV vehicles. Those windows are the same that go in most of the expedition trucks in Europe. GXV just imports them and slaps their own brand on them.

Who's blog?

Intriguing, i wonder if they could be sourced for cheaper then!

Momodolo

Everyone I know that has those absolutely swears by them and raves how great they are.

My plan is to install smaller artic tern now and install bigger nicer ones way down the road, just by enlarging the hole. The tern ones seem plenty good to last a year or 2.

Personally, I think with the amount of folks DIY camper boxes now, more options for windows that aren’t stupid $ are going to be popping up soon. My .02

That sounds like a good plan, could always cut a bigger hole and put a better window. I also agree, as well as more affordable composite boxes too hopefully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles