JKU Trail Kitchen build....

harpersJK

Hello all,

This is my first post to the Jeep part of this forum, I figured I'd post up a few pics of my kitchen build that I've been working on for the last couple months. Finally I'm getting close to finishing it..... I wanted to buy the Goose Gear setup, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money when I still have a long list of other items to buy. So, I designed something up myself, hopefully it works out well.

I'm also working on a power outlet setup that is going to mount to the right side of the cabinet.

Let me know what you think.

Randy

Attachments

• cab 01.jpg
    cab 01.jpg
    745.7 KB · Views: 354
  • cab 02.jpeg
    cab 02.jpeg
    914.2 KB · Views: 337
  • cab 03.jpg
    cab 03.jpg
    631.1 KB · Views: 311
  • cab 04.jpg
    cab 04.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 312

Huffster

Awesome kitchen build! I’ve been looking at the Goose Gear plate system, side cubbies and camp kitchen. So much $$$ to spend!! Please post some pics of the finished install. Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harpersJK

I finally got around to wrapping up my trail kitchen and added some attachment points in the back and finished off the cabinet part in molle panels. With all the talk of platforms, I also decided to take out the rear seats and build my own. My platform is only in the rear set area and doesn't continue to the back. I made it similar to Goose Gear's setup and split it so I could put the driver rear seat in if needed. Now onto the next project, installing Currie 44/60 setup with 4 1/2" AEV high capacity springs.....

Attachments

• tk1.jpg
    tk1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 183
  • tk2.jpg
    tk2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 191
  • tk3.jpg
    tk3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 194
  • tk4.jpg
    tk4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 181

SBSYNCRO

Looks gorgeous - I'm definitely jealous of your woodworking shop and skills. I have to make everything squatting on my driveway under my carport.

Any idea how much that setup weighs? My main reason for not going that direction (and using Wolf Packs instead) is fears of weight. Our JKUs are already almost at the GVWR limit when they roll off the factory line...

Viatorem

this is a really nice DIY setup. I've previously built a Box/drawer out of 80/20 for my TJ, and will likely do similar in my JKU. Plan to use fractional, 1". But... where'd you source these t-slot materials? (Assuming it's not "80/20") Thx.

harpersJK

this is a really nice DIY setup. I've previously built a Box/drawer out of 80/20 for my TJ, and will likely do similar in my JKU. Plan to use fractional, 1". But... where'd you source these t-slot materials? (Assuming it's not "80/20") Thx.

Thanks and you're correct, it's not 80/20. Check out http://www.zyltech.com, slightly less than an inch. I'm thinking it's around 13/16, but plenty strong enough and much cheaper than 80/20.

harpersJK

Looks gorgeous - I'm definitely jealous of your woodworking shop and skills. I have to make everything squatting on my driveway under my carport.

Any idea how much that setup weighs? My main reason for not going that direction (and using Wolf Packs instead) is fears of weight. Our JKUs are already almost at the GVWR limit when they roll off the factory line...

Thanks! I took care of building and designing the cabinet, but I can't take credit for the woodworking... My father retired and woodworking is his new hobby, lucky me!

Your rear platform inspired me to do mine!

Good question on the weight, 2 people can easily lift it unloaded. I just finished installing a Currie high pinion 60 in the rear with AEV 4 1/2 springs, next up is the front. Loaded down with gear and luggage and rooftop tent, she's going to be heavy.... I hope this springs are up to the task....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne