LR3 dog stuff

cornfarmer

Observer
So with a kid incoming, our dog is most likely going to move to the back of the bus/cargo area (we don't have 3rd row seats). I don't think we'll need one of those cage/barrier things because she's pretty well behaved/trained. My main concern is the fur/carpet lining on the inside of lower rear gate - that covers the subwoofer, etc. I've got a Weathertech(?) matt back there for the cargo floor so that's covered.

What are some ideas on how to cover/protect that area that are durable/dog proof? Something easy to apply over the existing material that will hold in place? I don't really want to dig into the existing stuff and rip it out. She's going to be jumping up on it whenever she gets in and out of the back. She's around 50lbs.

Ref pic (thankfully our carpet is black back there instead of biege)

uQ1MXxll.jpg

vasily

Adventurer
We have a weather tech mat and the cargo barrier. Haven’t had any issues keeping the tailgate area clean.

I would highly recommend the cargo divider if you have little kids. In the event of an accident, the dog becomes a 40 pound projectile. You wouldn’t want that in the same passenger compartment as a new born.

If you have the divider and the kennel extension, you can put a stroller back there that is separate from the dog. You can also stack the cargo area to the sunroof if needed and keep the stuff from spilling into the back seat and also away from the dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colb45

Observer
So with a kid incoming, our dog is most likely going to move to the back of the bus/cargo area (we don't have 3rd row seats). I don't think we'll need one of those cage/barrier things because she's pretty well behaved/trained. My main concern is the fur/carpet lining on the inside of lower rear gate - that covers the subwoofer, etc. I've got a Weathertech(?) matt back there for the cargo floor so that's covered.

What are some ideas on how to cover/protect that area that are durable/dog proof? Something easy to apply over the existing material that will hold in place? I don't really want to dig into the existing stuff and rip it out. She's going to be jumping up on it whenever she gets in and out of the back. She's around 50lbs.

Ref pic (thankfully our carpet is black back there instead of biege)

uQ1MXxll.jpg

For the tail gate, my plan one of these days was to dismantle it and wrap the carpet with a thing rubber liner (probably glue it to the carpet or tear off the carpet completely so its rubberized. Hopefully keep that zone cleaner

cornfarmer

Observer
This dog is one tough mudder, so what I'm trying to achieve is not have a mud/dirt/sand encrusted upholstery on the lower tailgate (see pic above). So far, I can only think of velcro-ing some sort of material all the way around the area. The objective is to keep that area free from cosmetic damage, while keeping any debris out of the inner workings of the sub and latch hardware (had the replace a broken rear latch last year - no fun).

Howski

That’s a good setup for the rear gillbrak. My pup usually rides 2nd row (no kids yet) but I know how much of a pain it can be getting the tailgate carpeting dirty. Would suggest a dog seat belt or cargo barrier whichever solution you go with

John R

That’s a good setup for the rear gillbrak. My pup usually rides 2nd row (no kids yet) but I know how much of a pain it can be getting the tailgate carpeting dirty. Would suggest a dog seat belt or cargo barrier whichever solution you go with

I have both of these for sale if you want them? The All American mat is brand new and never been out of the bag and the WeatherTech mat is in new condition; both ready to ship. As you know I have zero interior in my LR anymore so these have just been sitting.

PM with me an offer and we can go from there!

catmann

We have two berners and use this and it’s pretty decent. Have to replace the Velcro every now and then.
North American Custom Covers Compatible Cargo Liner for Land Rover LR3 & LR4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M965WWO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_PL7GEb817EXTV

X2 on the North American Covers. I have had 2 of them and they work well. They come from Canada and they send industrial velcro rated for 180°F, so it holds up well. The piece that covers the tailgate area the OP circled stays very flat and has held up well to our dogs. They are a little slippy, so I have a LR rubber mat on top of it so the dogs don't go flying around, but you could also put a carpet mat on top of it just the same.

catmann

This seems like the best option from what I’ve read, to keep dog hair from the carpet. Unfortunately they’re not shipping to Australia! Argh!
North American Custom covers is an offshoot of UK Custom Covers. So if they will not sell you direct, perhaps the UK site will. Plus the UK site has even more options if you browse the site.

John R

North American Custom covers is an offshoot of UK Custom Covers. So if they will not sell you direct, perhaps the UK site will. Plus the UK site has even more options if you browse the site.

Thanks for the reply. After reading this thread I found a set on eBay that came highly rated by some people on AULRO. Hopefully mine will be as successful as the other 2 brands that others have talked about here.

Sold my cover set but still have a WeatherTech Cargo Mat available if anyone needs it; great piece of kit so PM me if interested. I do not need it cuz, well, I do not have carpet or an interior back there anymore so it would be nice to send off to a forum member to a good home for a great price.

Happy Pet Gear Hunting!

krick3tt

Adventurer
Not sure where you are but I have the black rubber mat that is OEM from my LR3 that I removed and rolled up and stored in my garage. I installed FR shelf unit and did not use the mat.
It is yours if you want it, just pay the postage from 80247. If you have any Fedex or UPS account they can wrap and ship it for you.
PM me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles