AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

SBDuller

Is it ever a problem that it opens to the rear?
no. it is not a problem that it opens to the rear. some folks just like to flip forward. the product as obtainable works just fine flipping rearward. i happen to like flipping rearward. i ran into a tree this week in a campground, had to clamp it closed and move the truck. would have been a problem just as much trying to flip forward. note to self, do not go to campgrounds or parking lots. i particularly like the cover that opening rearward provides, great shade and shelter from rain...
so just to recap...it is not a problem to open to the rear.

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Curious if anyone's added a mattress topper to a Habitat? We find that the stock mattress is pretty good but we would prefer a bit more cushion and I had an extra 3" memory foam topper in my old flippac.

Graton

Curious if anyone's added a mattress topper to a Habitat? We find that the stock mattress is pretty good but we would prefer a bit more cushion and I had an extra 3" memory foam topper in my old flippac.

We tried the 3" topper for a bit, but it was too bulky and rolling it up every time was a pain. It was much more comfortable. We ended up taking the mattress out and putting an Exped Duo, which has the added benefit of making it easier to close the top.

Rivers2run

Observer
I have a cushy thermarest I throw on top of the mattress I open the valve and close the top. Very comfortable. I also made a sheet for the mattress.

tielur

Hello everyone! I just recently found this thread but I've had the AT Habitat for around 6-7 months now. We did a two week trip out to Expo East last October and since then have done many several day trips. I can't speak highly enough of the design and build of this camper! My next step is the build out of the inside! Here's a few pictures of our rig:

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Anyone found a solution for the puddles that form at each end of the tent? They eventually start to leak.
James, where are the puddles forming to be exact? We're happy to get it sorted out for you.

Gary crouch

Observer
Recently bought a trailer to carry all the gear... happened to have an RTT so now there is extra sleeping space if needed. The Habitat works out well, the trailer is a bonus!

My habitat is showing signs of the finish weathering, water streaks and the like. How does any clean them.. I bought the whole shark hide cleaner and new material but it looks like a bigger job than I want to tackle2Q%ewtFKQWGDw4eHhjTWbA.jpgn6SCbYAUQkuWo5EZlkoYXA.jpgmhUY%CjhRwiDtz0uvIMgCA.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles