Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
My Engel have been in the generator bucket for two years with out a problem.
I did just now install a vent in the back of the trailer though but that is to vent fumes from the genset

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Ive been living in mine for the last seven days, yay covid exposure lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

trae

Adventurer
My Engel have been in the generator bucket for two years with out a problem.
I did just now install a vent in the back of the trailer though but that is to vent fumes from the genset

Yours was the inspiration for me asking this question. I don’t want to have the fridge in the vehicle I’d like the fridge to live in the trailer full time if I can. Just trying to figure out if the fridge around this size would work out for a family of 4..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Yours was the inspiration for me asking this question. I don’t want to have the fridge in the vehicle I’d like the fridge to live in the trailer full time if I can. Just trying to figure out if the fridge around this size would work out for a family of 4..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are a fam of 4..... but eat like 6... ha. Seriously.... my wife and I and a 14 and 21 yo girls.
The engel is good for about 3-4 days.
We sure could use a bigger one but could not get ourself to get the Smitty arctic as there have been mixed reviews and a larger power consumption.

We are a fam of 4..... but eat like 6... ha. Seriously.... my wife and I and a 14 and 21 yo girls.
The engel is good for about 3-4 days.
We sure could use a bigger one but could not get ourself to get the Smitty arctic as there have been mixed reviews and a larger power consumption.

fyi, you can adjust the parameters of the arctic to get better efficiency. They do not advertise it though as its too complicated for most people to understand. ITs pretty decent on eco mode and can be setup to be better if you dont have it constantly being opened. I have one of them next to my ARB, they only hold drinks and run all year, the SB does cycle a little more or maybe i notice it more because its louder. I do have a total of 3 SB (2014 is the oldest, there was an update in 2018 circuit board and programming to run more efficient and i see the difference) 2 ARB ( oldest in from about 2002 newest is 2018), indel B and a few other off brands.

Indel b has one that will fit, i just didnt like it because the controls were in the back on the model i have. All of them use the same BD 35f compressor. so programming and insulation is what makes the most difference in them.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
fyi, you can adjust the parameters of the arctic to get better efficiency. They do not advertise it though as its too complicated for most people to understand. ITs pretty decent on eco mode and can be setup to be better if you dont have it constantly being opened. I have one of them next to my ARB, they only hold drinks and run all year, the SB does cycle a little more or maybe i notice it more because its louder. I do have a total of 3 SB (2014 is the oldest, there was an update in 2018 circuit board and programming to run more efficient and i see the difference) 2 ARB ( oldest in from about 2002 newest is 2018), indel B and a few other off brands.

Indel b has one that will fit, i just didnt like it because the controls were in the back on the model i have. All of them use the same BD 35f compressor. so programming and insulation is what makes the most difference in them.

This is good to know.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles