TetonX Hybrid

Jeep2.0

Observer
I love this trailer & am considering it. But seeing it behind your full size pickup, I wonder if it's too big to go behind my 2005 Jeep LJ. Would appreciate your thoughts - and maybe a width measurement - I haven't found one of those yet.

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
It’s pretty big, and fairly wide. I don’t have an exact measurement but I’m sure that Lindsay at Teton X could get it for you. Since I don’t have a Jeep I can’t say. I do pull it with my 4Runner and it’s fine.

Wendell-R

From the TetonX website - https://tetonx.com/hybrid-ezi-packages:

Dimensions
  • Cabin dimensions (external) 79” wide x 62” tall x 119” long
  • Overall height from ground to top of roof vent 86.25"
  • Weight Approx. 1990 lbs. (before additional options)
  • Overall length w/tongue 173” (not including spare tire)
Probably doesn't include awning or shower canvas in the width - maybe not the "sliders" either

Particle

Nice rig! I'm considering one as well - new to the forums here - and curious what you guys think of the pricing? It looks well built and is probably totally worth it, but honestly I'm struggling when a TetonX hybrid lands in the low-mid $30s (when decently optioned out) vs something from a big box RV store like an R-pod is $19k out the door. Would love to hear your thoughts on that!

jgatliff

I don’t think you can really compare this to an Rpod or to any of the other standard RVs, they just aren’t going to be built as tough. Black Series might come closer but their 12 foot long one is double the weight. Of course it does have a bathroom inside.

Particle

Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking as well, thx. Looked at the Black Series, they are cool but 2x as much and gigantic.

Wendell-R

Just got ours last weekend.
DSCF1276.jpg

A couple of new options:

40 gallons of water with baffle balls in the tank to eliminate the free surface effect and keep it upright:
DSCF1271.jpg

This Timbren suspension is the 2 inch lift version (which actually gave it 3 inches of lift):

DSCF1251.jpg

DSCF1249.jpg

DSCF1246.jpg

DSCF1245.jpg
(I'm 6 ft tall for scale)

The garage door is 8' 4" - the rack basket adds 7" so without that, it would generally fit under an 8' door
DSCF1240.jpg

Standard Queen bed oriented fore/aft so nobody has to crawl over someone to get in and out
DSCF1244.jpg

Other observations:
- Furnace was great - no condensation overnight with outside temps right around freezing - and the return air ducting keeps the water tank from freezing
- I was surprised how little power the inverter draws when there's no load
- The final plumbing to the sink doesn't get heated by the furnace return air, so I left the Truma on and recirculating through the night - didn't seem to have a big impact on the battery overnight
- Narrow enough that I didn't need extended side mirrors on the 4 runner - maybe on long, freeway trips
- It's just under 3000 lbs - V8 in the T4R did well on the way up to 6500' - probably sticking with 4th gear tops on hills most of the time thoughDSCF1271.jpgDSCF1276.jpgDSCF1246.jpgDSCF1245.jpgDSCF1240.jpgDSCF1244.jpgDSCF1251.jpgDSCF1249.jpg

Last edited:

jgatliff

You likely saw our trailer when you picked yourself up, I had some things worked on recently and will be getting it back tomorrow, I am looking forward to it.

Wendell-R

@Jafrench I ordered in March of 2019 - original delivery estimate was a month from now, but they seem to be building them more quickly now (CNC in-house probably helps). Got an email in December letting me know it was getting closer and since we wanted to see one in person before finalizing the build sheet, we went to St. George at the end of December. Talked with Lindsay and Kyle for several hours discussing options and came away feeling really good about the trailer design and build quality.

It was good to talk to them about things in person - there are things that aren't on the option list like the handle above the door (and a matching one on the inside) that I wouldn't have known to add to the list otherwise. And the lifted Timbren just came about because Kyle and I walked out to measure the hitch height on the 4 runner and the idea just came to him during that process.

It was hard to be patient during the wait, but it was worth the wait!

Jafrench

Observer
Thanks @Wendell-R

I put a deposit down back in September so looks like I'm still probably close to 6 months out.

Do you know, are they still making sidewalls out of poplar or did they transition to composite? When I was communicating with them back when I put the deposit down they said they were looking into transitioning to composite.

Sorry for the hijack, @jgatliff

Wendell-R

@Jafrench Not composite yet. Personally, I'd probably prefer poplar because it can be modified more easily. I'm in AZ and don't have to worry much about moisture though.

We had a space left open for stashing bikes inside across from the door (worked out very well, BTW) and it was pretty easy for them to accomodate that change since there didn't need to be any framing changes. The furnace return air duct is under the bike mounts.
DSCF1285.jpg

Seems like composite would require framing anywhere there was a bulkhead or platform or shelf. and framing mods to support any changes like this. I guess you're familiar with how to deal with that because of the Taxa though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles