Let's Talk Backseats- the main 3

How does it work with kids in the back? Any in rear facing car seats?

I would love a Ranger but that is a big ?

My kids are older now so not an issue as far as rear facing seats. I will say that here is plenty of room back there. I have sat back there and my wife rides back there when my son is practicing driving with no issues. I do have the 4 door for reference. The issue with the back seat is the lack of ability to fold flat. Hope that helps.

phsycle

Adventurer
Hmm. I thought there was slightly more room in the Ranger than a Tacoma but not by much. Unless you have the front seat scooted fairly far forward, I doubt you’d be able to fit a rear facing seat back there other than in the middle.

spectre6000

Observer
I have a rear facing seat in my Colorado. Works fine. We also have one in my wife's JKU (should be reasonably comparable to the Gladiator), but it's not gotten much exercise since it was installed.

dman93

Adventurer
Times have changed ... I used both rear and forward facing seats in the back of my '86 Ranger SuperCab. Which had sideways facing jump seats and lap belts. And I thought we were very safety-conscious for the time.

phsycle

Adventurer
I have a rear facing seat in my Colorado. Works fine. We also have one in my wife's JKU (should be reasonably comparable to the Gladiator), but it's not gotten much exercise since it was installed.

Do you have the seat behind the driver or passenger seat? I couldn’t fit mine behind the Tacoma (except in the center) and I’m 5’11”, below avg inseam, so the seat was about halfway back.

spectre6000

Observer
It lives behind the passenger seat. I'm short @5'6". The seat is still very usable, but not something you'd probably want to endure a road trip in. It's a lot like the rear seat would be in a 2+2 setting with a short driver; doesn't require amputation, but still not the most comfortable for long distances.

How does it work with kids in the back? Any in rear facing car seats?

I would love a Ranger but that is a big ?
My 6 and 7 year old daughters have plenty of room in high back boosters and on the last trip my 16 year old willing climbed in between them to watch movies with 2 hours left in the trip.
I’ll try and load them up for a picture later to give you a space idea

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles