Tortuga Offroad - any reviews?

ZREM

Observer
Hello All,

I am in the process of fitting a slide (no drawers) for my CFX 40 in my 100 Series LC. I like the size and features of the Tortuga Offroad aluminum slide. Anybody have experience with this company? Searching has me stumped.

Thanks!

SBSYNCRO

I've been looking at these too. Very good pricing on eBay, and they appear to be base in So Cal. The problem is the regular one is too narrow for a Dometic CF 50 and the XL version wastes a lot of space, which is at a premium in the back of a Jeep.

TortugaOffRoad

The Tortuga Off Road Aluminum Fridge slides measure 17" x 30". The Dometic CF 50 is 14.2" x 24.8". It will fit fine! As far as space, 2 of them fit perfectly in the rear of a JKU! Happy to answer any questions!

Attachments

• Alu1629pic2.jpg
    Alu1629pic2.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

TortugaOffRoad

Does the slide rattle, squeak, or make any noises?

Hello, other than the slight play inherent in any drawer-slide based system will have, the Tortuga fridge slides work well in off road conditions. I have used the same one for almost 2 years now and believe me, I hear the other 100 things bouncing around inside the jeep and/or in the cooler before I hear the slide itself. They certainly don't squeak. I am sure one could easily find a way to "double lock" it if they were creative. I appreciate your interest!
Mark

goFWD

The Tortuga Off Road Aluminum Fridge slides measure 17" x 30". The Dometic CF 50 is 14.2" x 24.8". It will fit fine! As far as space, 2 of them fit perfectly in the rear of a JKU! Happy to answer any questions!

Can you share the overall weight of each model? I don't see that on the website or ebay listings.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles