2016 F150 4x4 XLT SPORT 3.5L ecoboost

ShiverMeTimbers

This truck is in great condition, one owner, only 32,0000 miles and I still have the window sticker. I thought this was going to be my forever truck so I have taken good care of her. I run full synthetic oil, changed when oil meter says 30% life left. Brake fluid was flushed last winter.

Lithium Grey, Sport Package with sport cloth interior.

Max Tow package, rated for 11,600. Factory trailer plugs installed.

SnugTop Rebel canopy top with Yakima rails factory installed.
Bed Rug installed.
Bilstein 5100 shocks front & rear with 1.5" level in front.
Falken AT3W 285/70R17 tires and 17x9" aftermarket wheels.
AirLift air bags installed, manual inflation (compressor can be added if you want, but I use an air compressor or bike pump).
Weathertech floor mats front & rear.
Tailgate gas shock installed.

$31,000.

pics in full resolution available here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/fZpN1oDg6q3REtQr6

ShiverMeTimbers – Can I ask why you're selling? That's a big-ass boat you're towing... is it a little too heavy for the truck? I've been looking at this exact same rig for a year or so now... Will use it to tow a 3000 lbs trailer.
Not trying to dissuade anyone (especially myself), just curious is all. I'll probably be looking in a real way in a few weeks, fyi.

D

Deleted member 9101

ShiverMeTimbers – Can I ask why you're selling? That's a big-ass boat you're towing... is it a little too heavy for the truck? I've been looking at this exact same rig for a year or so now... Will use it to tow a 3000 lbs trailer.
Not trying to dissuade anyone (especially myself), just curious is all. I'll probably be looking in a real way in a few weeks, fyi.

I'm betting that boat is well with in the limits of that truck.

adam88

Explorer

He says in the original post that this truck has the max tow package rated at 11,600lbs. I doubt that boat is 11.6k.

That being said though, anyone who hauls an 11.6k trailer with an F150 like this would be kind of nuts IMO. I've towed an 7,500lb 33 foot RV trailer with a similarly equipped one and it was a lot for the truck to handle. If you towed 11.6k, you would need to slow down a lot and also it would be a white knuckle ride.

3000lbs is absolutely nothing for this though... the 3.5L ecoboost has almost 400hp and will tow 3000lbs like it's nothing.

ShiverMeTimbers

Hey Dylan,

The boat, full loaded with motors, fuel, gear, coolers, PLUS the trailer is about 9400lbs. The truck has plenty of power, no problem pulling that weight. The issue is that I cannot put a weight distribution hitch on a boat trailer, and without a WDH the recommended tongue weight is 500lbs. With the WDH the tongue weight can be 1500 lbs. My tongue weight is 900 or 1000lbs, so it unweights the front tires a bit and the whole rig gets a tad squirrelly above 62mph. Adding Airbags to the rear helped stabilize things a bit. I'm getting an F250 Tremor, rated to tow around 15,000 off the ball, so I'm well within spec. I also tow our Aliner Expedition, which is 2000lbs, and you can't even feel it back there.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the truck. 32,223 miles today. I'm getting the F250 on Friday, so the F150 won't be getting driven much afterwards. Hit me up if you want to see it in person!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles