Rangadanga's 2001 Suburban 2500

Rangadanga

Hello all. Just wanted to show off my new acquisition, 2001 Suburban 2500 4x4, 6.0 with G80. Here is a picture when I picked it up.Screenshot_20200226-213004_OfferUp.jpg

Last edited:

Rangadanga

Next project is replacing bump stops with sumo springs. The stock bumps are completely gone.

Also need to figure out roof rack. Previous owner completely removed everything, and now I have a bunch of holes in the roof covered with duct tape.20200229_230534_compress4.jpg

Last edited:

lilkia

Easy solution is to get a new roof rack from the LJY. Second easiest is to fill the roof rack holes with black urethane. The hard and most pointless is to weld, gring and repaint the areas.

Rangadanga

Not sure. I've only done the back half, and all the weather stripping needs to be replaced. Will update when project is complete. But all squeaks and rattles are coming from front 2 doors.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Easy solution is to get a new roof rack from the LJY. Second easiest is to fill the roof rack holes with black urethane. The hard and most pointless is to weld, gring and repaint the areas.

I would agree with lilkia, go to your local junk yard or craigslist and you should be able to find one for $40 or less with all screws.

Rangadanga

Thanks for the input and welcome. I'll head to a junkyard and start searching. Been following some of your guy's burbs last couple of weeks. Lots of ideas and great looking rigs.

lilkia

Either burb rack, regular or z71 will fit. The z71 rack is a little harder to take apart. Take a set of allen and torx keys (i dont remember which) and a cordless impact if you have it and penetrating oil even if youre not in rust country. Grab some extra screws and crossbars off of other vehicles, if you can. My LYJ had some vehicles with busted racks so the owner didnt care.
The reg rack is ok. The z71 rack is a little nicer. The bars are all in line if you want to run more than two cross bars. The reg rack has a slight front to back curve to it so three bars arent even. The z71 sits a little higher, it also has a roller in back to help with loading long objects, and it has an area on the back rail mounts that you can fit rear facing LEDs inside. It was originally intended for backup/tailights but Ive never seen one with the factory lights.

Rangadanga

Any of you suburban guys have any knowledge of the cognito leveling and 4 inch lift kits? They seem like a superior product and no welding required. Would they work with rare parts hd suspension components, or only the cognito upgraded suspension components? Any info at all is appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles