2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71

buellconvert

The Zone kit definitely send like a well built and complete kit, even has bumper brackets to return everything to stock appearance...it's definitely a very involved process.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

D45

Explorer
I wonder in theory how long if would really take for the Zone lift to install

Install sheet says 8 hours......seems very excessive

It take around 3 hours for the 2.5" suspension kit

buellconvert

I did a very similar body lift years ago, in my garage with normal hand tools, by my self and I did it after work one evening, I agree on the 8 hrs sounding a little excessive

D45

Explorer
Thanks

I am certain I could get both the suspension lift and body lift installed in 8 hours

Just appealing for the price and the amount of lift.......all while maintaining good cv axle angles and ball joint angles

I won't have to mess with new upper control arms, drop diff spacers or notching the crossmember.

Save money for new rear shocks and tires this way

D45

Explorer
Do you need the extra 1.5" to fit the tires you want to run?

Maybe yes.......a huge perk is running a small 2" front/3" rear kit with the 1.5" body lift

I want to keep good cv axle angles and ball joint angles

I won't have to mess with new upper control arms, drop diff spacers or notching the crossmember......something I'd have to do with a suspension kit over 3"

buellconvert

Once you start going that far with these trucks it's just opening up a can of worms and you're always chasing one thing after another...I completely agree with you on wanting to keep the suspension at 2"-2.5" max, same thing I've done with mine.

D45

Explorer
Once you start going that far with these trucks it's just opening up a can of worms and you're always chasing one thing after another...I completely agree with you on wanting to keep the suspension at 2"-2.5" max, same thing I've done with mine.

What tire size are you running ?

D45

Explorer
Cap is on and looks good. The taller bulkhead gasket was too rigid and too tall. Left a decent gap. I removed it and will see how it does with just a single layer of flat gasket material

Definitely need more internal lighting

I added a stick on handle for the inside of the front sliding window

I will install the GM bed tie down hooks today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles