New Defender News

jmodz

Anybody else impressed with the amount of wheel travel we’ve seen in those short off-road clips? Seems to rival most competitors, especially for a stock vehicle.

Anyone know if these are all diesel or if they have a mix of petrol/diesel in this Namibia run? Obviously, logistically only makes sense for all to be diesel but for marketing purposes; I wonder if they have a mix for data collection and usability differences.

A.J.M

Explorer
Silver 69 plate is only 3 months old according to Uk DLVA.
Doesn’t give info about what engine or fuel it is.

does look good though and it’s nice to see Land Rover are sticking these cars through their paces.

Blaise

This is pretty much how I'd order one. Just with out the cargo boxes. If only you could get them with coils in Canada. And I wish they were less than $75,000 for a pretty basic 110...

I can't remember if you've had an EAS rover, but if not - get one with the air. I can't go back to coils.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I can't remember if you've had an EAS rover, but if not - get one with the air. I can't go back to coils.
It’s interesting how Opinion Differ on this. I think my wife’s Coil spring truck rides better than my Air coil truck.

Blaise

You're the first I've heard to say that. I was under the impression that the air is better in every way except 'but it'll break down'

garrycol

Anything can break down. I have had a RRS for 10 years and offroad it all the time - I have had a compressor issue and fixed it myself at home - the way to manage your air system is to know your air system. I have LLAMs to manage height changes, and about the only other thing I would consider is a self inflation kit. My car is now 13 years old and is on all original components except for compressor desiccant beads and an aluminum cap. All works as it should.

Dont be afraid of the air system but get to know it and how it works - eazy peazy

naks

via @mmmotorsports

normal_85018308_196678101706158_5072882376169429751_n.jpg

normal_87220531_591478391698390_5010927028556462891_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles