2021 F150 Spy shots. Is Ford going back to '09-'14?

Grassland

Front end kind of looks like updated super duty to me.
The current taillight and the ones in the spy shots both remind me of 09-14.
Except the back up lights aren't useless on them like they are on the 09-14.

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
I actually like the grill better than the current "giant bar" grill design. Every time I look at f150's, I lose interest at anything newer at anything newer than 2017.

I'm guessing maybe the bed is a test mule bed, and might actually be an old style?

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Front end kind of looks like updated super duty to me.
The current taillight and the ones in the spy shots both remind me of 09-14.
Except the back up lights aren't useless on them like they are on the 09-14.

Glad I'm not the only one who hated the backup lights. I threw some LEDs in there and they help, but in a few months I'm gonna have some pods thrown in the bumper.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I'm guessing maybe the bed is a test mule bed, and might actually be an old style?

Probably not. Check out the handle placement on the 3rd picture [of the 09-14 F150] compared the second picture, the handle is up top rather than inline with the body line before it juts upwards. Also looks like the backup camera is integrated into the top of the handle vice the bottom side of the Ford logo.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Yeah that front end is ugly.

Sadly, it seems like all the full size truck manufacturers except Ram have adopted the "vertical billboard" or "flying cinder block" style of front end. Maybe it's because they need a bigger radiator? Either way, it's hideous.

I actually like the grill better than the current "giant bar" grill design. Every time I look at f150's, I lose interest at anything newer at anything newer than 2017.

I call mine the "harmonica" because that's what it reminds me of: A big chrome harmonica. :rolleyes: If/when I get time I might go to a different style grill, though to be honest that's pretty low down on the prioriy list.

As for the taillights they look pretty similar to the current generation. In fact, the whole truck looks like just a mild change from the current 15-20 trucks. More of a gradual evolution than a complete refresh.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Sadly, it seems like all the full size truck manufacturers except Ram have adopted the "vertical billboard" or "flying cinder block" style of front end. Maybe it's because they need a bigger radiator? Either way, it's hideous.
I don't know, I actually thought this grill reminded me a bit of Ram's grill.

BB10dc45.jpg
2019-Ram-1500 Crew Cab-front-view_12746_118_640x480.jpg

dman93

Adventurer
Mountain bikers who use tailgate pads would rather see a slightly lower camera lens, so the padding on top doesn’t obscure it. Of course we all drive Tacoma’s anyway, so Ford probably doesn’t care. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles