F150 vs Tundra....I’ll make a decision tomorrow

Dalko43

Explorer
Why don't you go and do all the research yourself and report your findings back here complete with footnotes and charts?

Not much research needed...go to the NHTSA website and see how the different brands compare. It's not hard to do.

Why do people like you get so emotionally wrapped up in a brand? Chill out. Relax. You'll live longer.

I'm not the one dropping laughing emoji's every time someone posts something that I disagree with...to me, that indicates insecurity and emotional investment.

I'm simply noting that I disagree with your assessment...Toyota's reputation for reliability isn't over-hyped. NHSTA provides some data on why that is.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
This might rile folks as well. I drank the kool-aid, and bought an 05 Tundra. We’ve liked the truck and taken it on many awesome adventures. Even to Alaska. We use it all the time and it has made for some really good trips.
However lots of times I just miss the Ford Expedition we sold to buy it.

Kaisen

Explorer
JD Power awards really don't mean much...alot of "award" categories are completely pointless. Who the hell cares about initial (read 90 day after purchase quality) as a metric?

Okay, so how about JD Power Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) that measures after THREE YEARS of ownership?

This is the 2019 study, released Thursday. Where is Toyota? Where is Chevrolet? Huh... whoulda thunk

1581794128573.png

tacollie

Glamper
This might rile folks as well. I drank the kool-aid, and bought an 05 Tundra. We’ve liked the truck and taken it on many awesome adventures. Even to Alaska. We use it all the time and it has made for some really good trips.
However lots of times I just miss the Ford Expedition we sold to buy it.
Is it because you missed the Ford or a SUV?

Dalko43

Explorer
Okay, so how about JD Power Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) that measures after THREE YEARS of ownership?

This is the 2019 study, released Thursday. Where is Toyota? Where is Chevrolet? Huh... whoulda thunk

View attachment 567423

That's a better metric, but I still don't consider JD Power very trust worthy.

Read into the "award categories" they have and how they hand them out....it doesn't make a lot of sense.

There are better survey systems out there.

Kaisen

Explorer
...I still don't consider JD Power very trust worthy

There are better survey systems out there.

Like what? Who has a better survey system? Who is better at tracking/surveying things gone wrong and "dependability" or "reliability"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles