Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Yeah, no thanks. I'm not seeing anything on the higher trim packages that I want. Except for black grill and wheels. But I can drop those off at any body shop. XLT seems more than plush enough.

And the Tremor running boards will surely be on Ebay eventually.

Littlehouse

Adventurer

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Here‘s an interesting comparison for you all, that’s 4 days old (didn’t see it posted up yet).
That Tremor certainly looks impressive.

Clash of the OffRoad Titans......2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor vs. 2020 Ram 2500 Power Wagon: How they compare.

Power, towing and hauling
While the Power Wagon has an edge in off-roading, the Tremor makes up for it with general truck capability. Unlike the Ram, the Super Duty has two engine options, either a huge 7.3-liter gas-powered V8, or a 6.7-liter diesel V8. The Ram's only option is a gas 6.4-liter V8 since the bigger, heavier diesel doesn't fit with the winch and doesn't play nicely with the Power Wagon's suspension. The Tremor doesn't have any space issues with the winch, so it can be had with both engines. Both Ford engines make more power and torque than the Ram's single gas engine, too.
Towing and payload capacity is massively higher for the Ford, too. Part of that is because you can get the Tremor applied to the F-350 as well as the F-250, whereas the Power Wagon is 2500 only. Still, the F-250 also bests the Power Wagon's payload and towing capacities by thousands of pounds. It's not even close.

D34AEC2B-62E0-4B7C-BD63-604983FDC95A.jpeg

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Payload and ground clearance are the big ones for me. And the 7.3 is actually quite small. Smaller than a 6.2. It's like an LS with a bigger intake and oil pan.

It's a shame that it's even called an off road package. The trucks should have had these options available years ago. Hopefully the Tremor parts become available to order, so we won't have to get them from ebay.

It would be nice to be able to select taller springs and blocks. Ford should have added this when they made the stupid decision to lower the trucks in 19, to appease the fat limp 5'er crowd. And the front lsd should be available in all of the trucks. The 35" tires and black wheels as well.

Maybe the Tremor is an experiment. If people don't flatbill them into a ton of accidents and bad press, like the Raptor crowd did, maybe they'll offer more options.

I don’t know. The 360 overhead camera was pretty cool!

I'm getting that feature added, if I buy an XLT. The Trailer backing package adds it, the fancy dash screen not usually available on the XLT (maybe), and the electric steering booster (but not the evil adaptive steering junk).

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
Here‘s an interesting comparison for you all, that’s 4 days old (didn’t see it posted up yet).
That Tremor certainly looks impressive.

Clash of the OffRoad Titans......2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor vs. 2020 Ram 2500 Power Wagon: How they compare.

Power, towing and hauling
While the Power Wagon has an edge in off-roading, the Tremor makes up for it with general truck capability. Unlike the Ram, the Super Duty has two engine options, either a huge 7.3-liter gas-powered V8, or a 6.7-liter diesel V8. The Ram's only option is a gas 6.4-liter V8 since the bigger, heavier diesel doesn't fit with the winch and doesn't play nicely with the Power Wagon's suspension. The Tremor doesn't have any space issues with the winch, so it can be had with both engines. Both Ford engines make more power and torque than the Ram's single gas engine, too.
Towing and payload capacity is massively higher for the Ford, too. Part of that is because you can get the Tremor applied to the F-350 as well as the F-250, whereas the Power Wagon is 2500 only. Still, the F-250 also bests the Power Wagon's payload and towing capacities by thousands of pounds. It's not even close.

View attachment 563865

If they are going to truly compare them, give us the max towing for the gas Tremor. I don’t mind adding the diesel specs, but let’s truly compare the two.

jadmt

ignore button user
If they are going to truly compare them, give us the max towing for the gas Tremor. I don’t mind adding the diesel specs, but let’s truly compare the two.
I think it was 15,000 lbs or near that. TFL has a tow test.

phsycle

Adventurer

Agreed. They should have done more of a straight up comparison. 7.3 max tow in an F250 is 15k lbs with 4.30 and 3.73. 3.55 kicks it down to 14.7k.

Explorerinil

Observer
If I’m hauling a camper into ruff areas the tremor is a good option, if I’m after a factory off road dedicated truck the power wagon is still it. The suspension, articulation and front locker of the power wagon along with the factory standard winch still give the power wagon the edge off road.

Desert Dan

Explorer
If I’m hauling a camper into ruff areas the tremor is a good option, if I’m after a factory off road dedicated truck the power wagon is still it. The suspension, articulation and front locker of the power wagon along with the factory standard winch still give the power wagon the edge off road.

The Tremor has a softer sway-bar for more flex. I'm sure someone will come up with a sway-bar disconnect if you want more flex?.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles