Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

gillbrak

I feel like the Tremor package is worth the extra cash for the suspension components it comes with alone. Has slightly larger shocks, differently tuned springs and lighter sway bars which all help off road compared to a cheap level or lift kit. If you plan on slapping a Carli kit or something on it then I can see it not being worthwhile unless you want the tech aspects of it and the limited slip axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and warranty

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
A nicely appointed XLT, with the 360 camera tow thingy, which upgrades the dash to Tremor spec, is about $5000 less. That's not bad, I guess.

I'm getting hung up on wanting a long bed though. I don't recall breakover angles being important on any recent trips.

Last edited:

phsycle

Adventurer
An 7.3L XL with the $500 package to get cruise, an integrated trailer brake and the mini console is almost 60K here. By the time I add a few things like tires lift etc. Ill be pretty close to the 70K XLT Tremor I posted a few pages back. And I'll end up with a basic XL... Meh.

View attachment 563311
View attachment 563312

Yeah, depends on what you want. Tremor looks great straight from the factory and it's a turn-key solution to those that want an off-road ready truck. I'm sure it will have good resale value (although, I don't necessarily think it would cover the initial buy in, unlike say, a Raptor).
I'm a small subset of a subset of the market, where I like the basic utilitarian look of the XL. I like the unpainted bumpers and basic steel wheels. If the wheels had slight surface rust, it would be even better. :LOL:

If I were to get an F250, I'd get a basic XL, 7.3, 4.30 rear locker. Options: FX4, dual batt, power equip group, aux switches, spray bed liner, brake controller, cloth seats. $48k MSRP, probably get it for under $40k. Then level kit, wheel spacers and 35" tires on factory rims. Done.

1579821300088.png

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Yeah, depends on what you want. Tremor looks great straight from the factory and it's a turn-key solution to those that want an off-road ready truck. I'm sure it will have good resale value (although, I don't necessarily think it would cover the initial buy in, unlike say, a Raptor).
I'm a small subset of a subset of the market, where I like the basic utilitarian look of the XL. I like the unpainted bumpers and basic steel wheels. If the wheels had slight surface rust, it would be even better. :LOL:

If I were to get an F250, I'd get a basic XL, 7.3, 4.30 rear locker. Options: FX4, dual batt, power equip group, aux switches, spray bed liner, brake controller, cloth seats. $48k MSRP, probably get it for under $40k. Then level kit, wheel spacers and 35" tires on factory rims. Done.
Yup, but using the same $8,000 discount on a base Tremor as you did on the XL,you'd be at $45,000. Even if you were under 40 on the XL by the time you add the items you mentioned you'd be pretty close to the price of a better equipped XLT Tremor anyway. Just my thought process anyway... 45k for a Tremor or 42-43K for the XL with the add ons you mentioned?
Capture.PNG

jadmt

ignore button user
Turns out that a squirrel ate my wiring harness. Not warranty. Dooh!

Now I have to trade the truck in, otherwise every elecronic gremlin is going to be blamed on that.
happened recently to my daughter's new honda civic. They said it has been epidemic since they went to soybean based wire coatings.

phsycle

Adventurer
Yup, but using the same $8,000 discount on a base Tremor as you did on the XL,you'd be at $45,000. Even if you were under 40 on the XL by the time you add the items you mentioned you'd be pretty close to the price of a better equipped XLT Tremor anyway. Just my thought process anyway... 45k for a Tremor or 42-43K for the XL with the add ons you mentioned?
View attachment 563515

Yeah, good point. Surprisingly closer than I thought, as I was thinking $5k for XLT + $4k for Tremor = $9k difference. The only thing I can think of is, the discount for a Tremor XLT won't be nearly as much as an XL, given the hype. Maybe in a year or so, it will come down to XL level. But still probably won't be a $9k difference I originally thought.

SoTxAg06

happened recently to my daughter's new honda civic. They said it has been epidemic since they went to soybean based wire coatings.

I’ve heard it happen to a few different brands also.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Yeah, good point. Surprisingly closer than I thought, as I was thinking $5k for XLT + $4k for Tremor = $9k difference. The only thing I can think of is, the discount for a Tremor XLT won't be nearly as much as an XL, given the hype. Maybe in a year or so, it will come down to XL level. But still probably won't be a $9k difference I originally thought.
Yeah, I'm guessing you are right and discounts won't be happening on Tremors until the summer. That's usually when dealers around here start blowing out the current model year vehicles to make room for next years....

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Everything at my local dealer is $4000 below invoice. I'm going to try custom ordering something.

XLT and lower is handy, because they don't get the fubar options like adaptive steering and moonroof.
Ultimate tow camera package upgrades the dash screen on XLT's to same as Tremor.
4.30's are vaporware on lots around here.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
I just drove the Tremor with the 7.3L and I’ll say this, it’s one hell of a truck. The ride quality is on par with my Power Wagon, the transmission shifts are smooth, and it feels like the the truck has plenty of power. I just can’t get past the $71,000 sticker price. Ford is going to sell a lot of these!

40F2FE8A-84B8-4F1E-BDA9-B5BFCF33F3DE.jpegFABC018B-46D0-4D22-96A1-735975B82AE1.jpegD6F07A05-82AF-41A5-B195-793371C654B1.jpegE382EFDB-07FA-4A47-A713-4BC79FFDE9AB.jpeg3B720935-A93E-466E-94F9-193414FA9B28.jpeg

Joek6.5

I don't see why it's so expensive? $60k for an XLT like that around here. Is that Canadian?

Probably cause it’s a Lariat. I built one just to see what they cost and with the sport package and the top lariat trim and the tremor package it was around 80k with the diesel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles